Thursday, November 19, 2015

Joy, joy, joy...

Hey there! 

Today I have a sweet, simple Christmas card featuring Angel Twila from CC Designs. The expression on her face is so joyful that it inspired the entire direction for the design of the card. I could just picture this rambunctious runaway angel dashing across the stage during the annual Christmas pageant causing all sorts of commotion. I wanted some festive bunting hanging behind Twila so I grabbed the smallest scalloped rectangle die from the Lawn Fawn set and the second smallest stitched banner from the MFT set to cut the banners out of this lovely Penny Black paper. Then I die cut some small letters in white to repeat 'joy' on each of the pennants. All of the gold lines were done by hand with a pen proving that even with all the fancy tools and crafty goodies that I accumulate sometimes all you need is a pen and a ruler, LOL! 

Alrighty, I'm outta here.
Later gators!  :)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Penny Black (Holiday Trimmings)
stamp- Roberto's Rascals (Angel Twila)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Lawn Fawn scallop rectangle die
My Favorite Things stitched banner die
Quickutz Blossom alpha dies
Doodlebug sequins
Studio Calico sequins
EK Success gold pen
Wink of Stella gold glitter pen
Martha Stewart ultra fine glitter
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, E04
hair- Y11, Y32, YR24, E35
eyes- B21, B24, B28
clothes- E40, E81, 0
wings- G0000, G000, 0
wand/halo- C2

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my this is Super CUTE!!!!! This Twila was my FAVE out of the release!!!! You colored her up sooo cute!!!! Love the Joy banners you made too!!! VERY CREATIVE!!!!!!
hugs, Heidi

Aileen said...

Amy, this card is so cute, love the tags and that little angel, how beautiful.