Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fluttering by...

Hey there! 

Sorry about the rush post yesterday. I had a wonderful weekend and a great girls day out with my mom and sisters on Sunday. I didn't do any crafty shopping but I got some great deals on some new clothes and even found a dress and skirt that I had been hoping to get my hands on. Needless to say I am quite the happy camper. :)

For my card today I've colored up the Shy Fairy digital stamp from Some Odd Girl. Unfortunately I don't see her in the shop anymore so I couldn't link her up. I actually colored Shy Fairy up a couple days ago without having pulled any papers to go with her and once I found these old Making Memories scraps I was kinda kicking myself. Originally I had colored her skirt in a yellow and bright pink combo but once I had that floral print I needed to make some changes. So I added the orange over the yellow and I didn't get as nice a contrast as I would have if I had just started with orange in the first place and I also darkened the pink of the skirt to go a bit more purple. In the background I stamped the sentiment onto the purple paper and then free hand cut the swooshes following the curve and flow of the words. I really like the movement it adds to the over all design.

Well, thanks for stopping by and I'll see y'all tomorrow. :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (Noteworthy), SEI (purple)
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Shy Fairy)
stamp- Penny Black (sentiment)
ink- Versafine onyx black and Colorbox creamy brown
Memory Box butterfly die
Kaiser Craft gems
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, RV14, Y000, Y11, BV20
hair- RV63, RV66, RV69, RV99
eyes- RV91, RV95, RV99, BG000, 0
clothes- YG93, YG95, YG99, YG00, RV13, RV14, RV17, RV19, RV06, RV66, Y02, Y08, Y17, YR04, YR18
wings- RV0000, RV000, RV00, BG0000, G00, YG0000