Monday, March 9, 2015

Cake and ice cream...

Hello Monday! 

Today I'm taking a little break from Easter cards so that I can play along in this week's Birthday themed Farm Fresh Challenge over at TGF. My card is actually 100% inspired by the genius altering that my bloggin' buddy Carisa did to SSC Love Peppermint Bean. As soon as I saw Carisa's card I was just itchin' to try my hand at turning Peppermint's candy hat into a cake hat too. I'm a big fan of the cutie TGF Beans so I was super excited when this little gal arrived in my mailbox last month. I didn't get around to using her for a Valentine though and I was resigned to the idea of having to wait 'til Christmas to get her on a card. Until I saw what Carisa came up with... talk about creative! 
Because I already had this Bean stamped up I decided to pull out my light box and trace a the peppermint into a blank cake shape on a separate piece of cardstock. Because the cake was a separate image and I had to glue it on, I decided to add another layer with the little doily between her and the cake. The paper scraps I pulled are old Bella Blvd which had a lot of fun colors going on. So of course Peppermint had to have a colorful outfit to match.   :)

Alrighty, time to get ready for work. 
Hope your week is off to a great start!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Bella Blvd (Birthday Girl)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Love Peppermint Bean), Simon Says Stamp (Birthday Messages)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Prima dark brown
My Favorite Things mini delicate doily die
Doodlebug sequins
Studio Calico sequins
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E43, E44, E47, E49
clothes- Y11, Y13, Y17, Y38, YR04, YR18, RV10, RV11, RV32, RV42, E50, E81, 0, BG13, BG15, BG18, BG05, BG49

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg this is Super Awesome! !!!
Love your altering as usual! !!
Fantastic work!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Leanne said...

Super cute Amy! Love your alteration! And this card screams cuteness!

Carisa said...

Squeeee! YOU are a genius - I love this bright and cheerful birthday card! You still got it, girly, LOVE how her cake turned out and brilliant on the doily underneath the layer - I love this so much. <3

She's a Color Queen said...

Oh how sweet and sugary! Love it!!!! We'd love to have you come link up with us at Anya, Oddies, and Others! All stamp brands are welcome, and we have a page specific to The Greeting Farm. We are all about inspiring other stampers. Come check us out!
http://anyaoddiesandothers.blogspot.com/

Anita said...

So sweet and adorable. Thanks for joining us at Anya, Oddies, and Others!