Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful for you...

Olo! 

Sheesh, this week seems to be flying by for some reason. I haven't had much time to stop and catch my breath but I'm hoping to rectify that with a couple of days off today and tomorrow. And considering we are expecting a new snow storm to blow through I think it will be a coupe of cozy days just spent here at home. Which sounds pretty darn good to me. :)

Alrighty, this card was just for the fun of inking up another as yet un-loved stamp. It's a Gorjuss Girl called Poppy Wood that I've actually had for quite some time but never quite got around to before now. At first the plan was to color her dress blue but it was not coming out at all so instead of scrappin' the whole thing I figured it would be easiest to just paper piece it instead. I added a bit of shading to it but that big wide dress was still proving hard to give good definition to. Finally I had to call it good enough and move on. Other than the dress giving me fits I am very happy with how her hair turned out at least. ;)

Well folks, I'm going to go see what I want to tackle first today... maybe, just maybe, I might get around to doing a video or two. 

Laters! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Jillibean Soup (Country Pumpkin Chowder)
stamps- Santoro (Poppy Wood Gorjuss Girl), Simon Says Stamps (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox dark brown
Divine Twine
crochet lace
crochet flower
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, E35, E57, E59
clothes- YR20, YR21, 0, YG03, YG17, YG67, E81, W00

14 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Beautiful card Amy. I love love love her hair. Such definition and detail in your coloring.

Mette said...

This is beautiful Amy. Love the colours and details. And again a Gorjuss girl :)

Hugs, mette

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful ♥

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the papers, lace and crochet flower too!!! I should of stayed home from work myself. I am on day 3 of being miserably sick! Brooke is home sick with a 102.3 fever. My dad actually offered to watch her so we wouldn't miss work. That was super nice of him. My mom still works and my dad is retired! Which reminds me....I never checked my last 2 lottery tickets. Maybe I too can retire! lol must go check wallet.
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

kim.scrapper said...

Your card is adorable and that hair color combo and coloring is awesome, tfs

Unknown said...

Awww this is beautiful amy, I love the paper piecing of her dress and your colouring of her hair is fabulous, love it xxx

Sara I. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE what you did with her dress and her hair is amazing! xx

Kimberly S said...

Such a sweet card! Love the paper piecing and that pretty little crocheted flower! hugs, Kimberly

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

Leanne said...

Oooohhhh!! Love her hair Amy!! I will have to try that color combo. Liking the fun papers and her dress reminds me that Spring is coming soon. Enjoy your days off and here's wishing for sunshine and warm weather for ya! ;)
Take care and please say hi to Patty.
;)

Tress said...

What a sweet, old fashioned looking card! Love the crocheted flower and lace! Also the paper pieced dress that is complimented by the trees. Hope you are enjoying your time off!

Sammi said...

Oh she is JUST gorgeous!!! LOVE this!!!
xxx

JennyKozar said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

She's beautiful and I love the hair!!! WOW! The tree PP is just adorable:)