Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Joyeux Noel

Hello, hello! 

I don't know how things are looking in your neck of the woods but around here the snow level is creeping further and further down the surrounding mountains at an alarming rate. This may just be one of those years where we end up getting some snow by Halloween. I can't say that I'm a fan of winter arriving quite this early, especially when it feels like I was finally getting to settle in and enjoy fall.

I'm thinking that the chill in the air could be a contributing factor to my return to card making having a decidedly holiday type vibe. Though, more likely it is all the cute Christmas stamps and pretty papers that have been coming out recently. ;)
Speaking of which... it's review preview day for the October Sweet November release today and this time I decided to use the digital version of Angel Noelle. I wanted to be able to blow her up a bit larger than the rubber stamp version so that she wouldn't be overshadowed but that fantastic, but kind of busy, winter berry print. I actually feel like I cheated a bit with the coloring because instead of Copics I used some gold Smooch to color in her wings and halo. But I think the effect is really lovely so I'll probably be doing it again sometime. 

Be sure to check out the ATS blog today for loads of angelic inspiration from my fellow teamies. And in just a few short days we will be starting up a whole new round of previews along with all of the fun that goes along with them, so you won't want to miss that!

Later gators!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Kringle & Co), Simple Stories (Handmade Holidays)
digi stamp- Sweet November (Angel Noelle)
stamps- Papertrey Ink (Winterberry set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
CC Designs Fairwee Tiny Scallop Border die
My Favorite Things doily die
Tim Holtz tiny tag die
Knot & Bow twine
Pebbles glitter candy dots
Gold Smooch
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R46
hair- C5. C7, C9, B29
eyes- E74, E77
dress- E81, W00, 0
lamb- E40, E41, T2, T3, T4, R01

16 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW this is Gorgeous!!!!! Love the gold smooch you used on her too! Fabulous Christmas card!!! Have an Awesome day doll!!
hugs, Heidi

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

awww gorgeous amy!!! what a asweet image...love the blue in her hair and those papers are just gorgeous :)

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

Marianne said...

She looks gorgeous Amy, blown up against that festive background. I had already taken a peek at the ATS blog this morning.
Over here, summer is really over. We've had lot of rain and thunderstorm during the past few days, but with day temperatures still well over 20 °C, I'm not complaining, except that it's starting to feel cooler inside than out.
Marianne x

Sara I. said...

Her hair is amazing and love the papers/design! Fab Christmas card!

Unknown said...

Awww what a sweet card Amy, I love the colour and Angel Noelle stamp is a real beauty. Love her hair too :) PS hope you won't get too much snow. Hugs xxx

Nikki said...

This is really pretty love how you've done this it's bright and cheerful :)

Lau W said...

OMG love this card ! So fab colouring ! And superb papers !
xxx

Cindy H. said...

Love your card - it's really so lovely, Amy!

Last year was my favorite - we got a snow storm before Halloween and then had a quiet winter - ahhhhh, such a nice break from the blizzards we usually get every year. The year before that was so brutal we were shoveling our roof almost every time it snowed!

Leanne said...

Wow o Wow!! Beautiful just doesn't cut it with this card! It's like the angels fell from heaven to land on here. Gorgeous card Amy.. Lovin' your Christmas inspirations, they are always so lovely and cheerful.
Glad you are getting your mojo back.
Hope the snow behaves and let's you enjoy the last days of Fall. Take care Amy and apologies for not stopping by.
Say hi to your Mom! :)

Julie D. Richards said...

Just love this card. How beautiful you did her.

Rania K. said...

Adorable!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. The angel is beautiful.

Isa said...

Amazing card !!!

Tina said...

gorgeous card

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Right after I get caught up with your blog, I'm gonna visit ATS for some new goodies :). Love the scene. I'll be taking a break for breakfast in a bit. Then, I should be right back :).