Friday, May 11, 2012

A two'fer

Olo! 

Today I've got something a bit different to share. There are two, two, two cards for the price of one, LOL! You see, I have two cousins who will be graduating high school very soon and I wanted to make a couple of personalized cards for the occasion. When I got the new Cheeky Geeky in the mail on Monday I knew that she was just the girl for these special cards. She's playful and cute but just stylish enough to still be cool for the girls. ;)

I kept the over-all design pretty simple with not a lot of fuss and used pretty much the same layout for both. I went online and found their school logos which I printed out on glossy photo paper so that they look like stickers. Then I colored each of the Geekies up to match their school colors. The "Congratulations, you did it!" sentiment is actually stamped on the inside of each card because I wrote up a little poem to put on the front. I don't know if you can read it in the pic so I'll add it here as well;
"You've hit the books,
four years it took.
You've done your best,
and passed the tests.
Now it's time for cap and gown,
across the stage you're walking down.
Grab that diploma, don't hesitate...
this day is yours to graduate!"
Like I said, simple but personalized and I know that they won't be getting cards like this from anyone else. :)

Have a fab Friday my friends. I hope that you're able to make some time for stamping this weekend! 
   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (PB&J, Origins), My Mind's Eye (Magnolia)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Geeky)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
The Twinery twine
Divine Twine
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Computer generated text and logos
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, Y21, Y26, E33
hair- E30, E31, E34, E35
clothes- C0, C1, C3, E40, E41, 0, R05, R08, E09, G07, G17, G29, B00, B02, B04



10 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG these are Amazing!!!!! THey are going to be Super Excited to receive cards!!! I wish when I graduated I had some one to make me a special card!!! love your coloring of these cuties too!!!
Have an Awesome weekend!!!
hugs, Heidi

Mette said...

Ah these are just brilliant Amy and perfect for young ladies. Love the colours and the poem is fab.
Hope you enjoy your week-end.

Hugs, Mette

Juls said...

2 fabulous cards! hugs Juls

Evinrude said...

Great idea Amy. A one of a kind card for your cousins. Those are keepers!

Mimi said...

These are adorable! and just love the poem you wrote!! Have a great Friday! ;D

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both gorgeous. TFS.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I love these two cards! I also love, love your short poem. Can I still it for the M&M's cards next month? I got my Cheeky Geeky on Monday as well and I was just cleaning off my desk to play with her when I thought I would check out your blog. SO so sweet as always. I love how you have made them both look so individual to the Graduate. Awesome idea my friend. I hope you are having a great start to your weekend. Hugs Lisa

Danni said...

These are so clever and awesome! How cool to personalize them for each girl!

Leanne said...

Whoa!! These are awesome! Love the personlization and I'm sure they will both be ecstatic to receive them. So cool!
;)

RiNNE said...

Oh my! What amazing cards! Your design and coloring are just spectacular! And loving the poem too! I'll be catching up on your bloggy soon-- this chica gots to go to bed!