Monday, May 21, 2012

There's a new sheriff in town

Howdy pardners!

This is another card I made that was published in the April/May issue of Designed to Color. I submitted it for that issue's sketch challenge and wanted to do a boy card for the magazine. Because I had just received this Sasparilla paper pad in the mail it became a no-brainer on which stamp I would ink up... Sheriff Ian! Even though I had had him for ages this was the first time that he had made it onto a card. Honestly, I think we was just waiting for the right papers to mosey along before he made his appearance. ;)

The 'Designer Tip' about creating the project that I included was; Don't be afraid to add small embellishments to your colored characters. By winding up a small bit of twine and gluing it into Ian's hand this little sheriff now looks even more ready to ride the range.

Thanks for stopping by. :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Sasparilla)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Sheriff Ian), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
jute
Papertrey Ink twine
Making Memories brads
EK Success silver pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R02
hair- C5, C7, C9, C10
clothes- B34, B37, B39, E35, E55, E57, E59, R24, R27, R29, E09, E44, E47, E49, Y13, Y21, Y26

13 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW those are Perfect Papers for Ian. Your card is Super Cute!! love the twine you added to his hand too! Take care and have an Awesome week doll!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Arabella said...

Another gorgeous card Amy! I do love those Sasparilla papers! Your colouring is stunning! His hat looks so realistic!

Arabella

Annette Allen said...

Howdy cowboy....this is adorable...

Lau W said...

Oh superb papers, perfect for this cute sheriff ! Love the twine on the hand,super idea !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

I can definitely see why it was published. Your coloring is perfect!

Creations by Shirl said...

Gorgeous Amy-
Love how you found all the matching papers to blend in with the western flair..... Cute image and love the colouring of his hat and awesome twine for his lasso....
Yee Haw!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the papers.

Danni said...

Perfect papers for him and love the idea of the twine in his hand!
Hoping your mom is doing okay, thinking of you!

Cami said...

Oh Amy, that is just the perfect DP background paper for this sheriff! I love your idea of the wrapped twine in his hand! Clever!

Craftdee said...

Ooooh! I love it!! Perfect paper and I love his lasso! ... and of course your colouring is superb - as always :-) Donna ☺

Leanne said...

O yea!! This is totally fabulous! Love how u colored him up. His hat is fantastic and that lasso is a terrific accessory. Fun papers and cool details. This rocks!! Yee haw!!!
;)

gobeagirl said...

Amy, I couldn't remember if I told you how awesome Sherrif Ian looks on this here card. He looks like he is ready to go boot to book with just about anyone that crosses that there star on his chest. Honestly, this is just adorable and I love, love the red paper at the bottom of your card. Too too cute my friend. Hope all is going well. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

Such a cute card...The papers are perfect and so is his rope! Fabulous, congrats on your pub!