Thursday, May 10, 2012

Love you

Hiya friends! 

So I couldn't help myself. Even though I'm still working on inking up all of my older stamps I just had to get a few new rubber friends this past week. It's hard for me to resist the Gorjuss Girls so when I saw that there were new ones over at All That Scraps I quickly placed an order.

The first little beauty that I stamped up is The Pretend Friend, though I did omit said friend when I fussy cut her out. She was quick to color up but I really like how her dress came out. I was trying hard to match up the greens in that pretty Echo Park paper that I paired up with her and I think it was successful. Gotta love it when that happens. :)
Those same papers made this entire card a quick one to put together. Most of the prints are from the 6x6 pad but that framed piece comes from the 12x12 sheet that is a whole bunch of different 3x4 decorative spots which are perfect when cut apart for card fronts. Love 'em! The only thing that I would love even more is if they also shrunk this page down to the 6x6 size so that I could cut them apart for tiny sentiment boxes too... fingers crossed!

Ok guys, I've got a lot to keep me busy today so I should wrap this up. Thanks for dropping by and have a good one. :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (This & That), American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan)
stamps- Santoro (Simply Gorjuss The Pretend Friend), Doodlebug (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
Queen & Co pearls
Studio Calico wood veneer heart
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- YG00, YG95, YG67, E81, 0, R32, R35

22 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWWE this is Simply Gorjuss!!! Your coloring is Amazing as usual. love the green pearls again!!!
Have an Awesome day!!
hugs, Heidi

Mette said...

Haha Amy - can't resist a beautiful stamp and neither can I. ove Gorjuss Girls and this card is so pretty. Love the colour combo and sweet papers.

Hugs, Mette

Lou said...

Hi! very pretty card Amy,amazing colours and her dress does look gorgeous-love the paper too.
hugs Lou.xx

Lisa said...

I do the same thing with those journaling card sheets. I used to buy all the Cosmo Cricket and OA 12x12 kits for scrapbooking and never knew what to do with the 3x4 pieces. I might use one or two on a page, but then what? Now I love layering them on cards, and I really love your idea of shrinking them for sentiments!

kim.scrapper said...

She is "gorjuss" and I am totally in love with these stamps too. You did such an amazing job on coloring her up, really like you hair color combo, tfs

Unknown said...

Love this card Amy! The new Gorjuss Girls are to die for!

Evinrude said...

Very nice Amy. Love the colors.

Cindy H. said...

Awww, she's adorable. Your coloring is always perfection!

Juls said...

this is so sweet! hugs Juls

Stephanie said...

So pretty! I love how you colored her dress and you colored her socks pink!

Tonje said...

Absolutely gorjuss! Looove how you coloured her dress! The Gorjuss girls are so cute!

Maria Therese said...

Aaaaaawesome card ♥♥

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable! I think her dress and the color of it turned out perfect.... I always love how you pair up your papers and I am like you I love already to go printed cut outs... :O) I hope you were able to find your orange flowers yesterday. You should take a pic to share with us when you get everything planted. I love a pretty yard and garden, but I so do not like to plant them or weed. lol.... Have a great day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Marianne said...

Yes, I agree she's totally adorable and I love how you dress came out. I'm not fond of greens myself, except the occasional green for Christmas and and the fresh and bright greens such as the one you have used. Plenty of green in our garden though, mostly of the easy variety: lemon trees, olives, orange trees and mandarine trees. And lots of geraniums that are in bloom for most of the year. And then there are the roses, which are in full bloom right now. I'm such a lucky girl aren't I?
Marianne x

Chingychao said...

Hi. I love all your cards. Such creativity from you. I envy and at the same time, thank you for sharing. It is always a pleasure stopping by.
Sincerly,
Chimg

Danni said...

How pretty!! Love your coloring on the sweet image, those pleats/folds look amazing! You're just so talented!! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

She's is adorable!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I love that sweet image.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oooh she is just so pretty! I love how you have coloured uy her dress and those papers go perfectly :)

Jas said...

Loved them too! Beautiful coloring as usual. I can't wait to color my Gorjuss!!! Happy Friday, Amy TFS!
Hugs, Jas

Leanne said...

O I wonder if we placed our orders at the same time? hahaha! i think i'm in love with this little girl. they are all so darn cute and yes fun to color. This is beautiful Amy. Perfect fun bright papers and if they could shrink those papers down to 6x6 that would make life easier! hahaha!
TFS!
;)

RiNNE said...

Wow! What beautiful coloring, Amy! THis is just breathtaking! And you did this in just a short time? Love the bright dress and its pleats. The papers are lovely too!