Monday, May 7, 2012

Designer duds for your stamps

Hello Monday...

Hey, have you noticed that every Monday we are sharing a different tip of tutorial over on the ATS blog? Well, the team has taken on this fun task for the last couple months and now today is my turn to share something clever over there.

I knew that I wanted to use one of the new Garden Gnome Girls and at first I thought that I would just do a coloring video. But as I got to looking at all that "fabric" space on their dresses a different idea came to mind. So I dusted off my long neglected background stamps and put them to use in a new way... creating 'designer' duds for my stamped characters to wear. Doesn't Tilly look oh-so stylish in her new fancy dress? If you would like to see how I did this you can check out the video over on the All That Scraps blog or on my YouTube channel. :)

Alrighty, time for hair and make-up. You'll get no complaints from me though since this is actually more of a Friday for me. I've been working up through the weekend and now I'll have a couple days off starting tomorrow. I'm looking forward to finally diving into A Dance with Dragons since I was very good and postponed starting it during this past very busy week... the self restraint nearly killed me, LOL! ;)

Toodles!      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- We R Memory keepers (On the Sunny Side)
stamps- Sweet November (Garden Gnome Tilly), Papertrey Ink (sentiment), Autumn Leaves (background 2)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown, Tim Holtz peacock feathers distress
ribbon
Studio Calico wood veneer bird
Kaiser Craft gems
EK Success border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, E33, E35
clothes- Y000, Y00, 0, Y02, Y06, BG11, BG34, BG18, B95, B97, B99, Y15, YR15, YG01, YG03, E55, E57, E59, E81, 0

14 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Gorgeous! love how you did her dress!!! very snazzy!!
Have an Awesome week!
hugs, Heidi

Linda Wescott said...

Just watched your tutorial. I love this technique, and your prettily finish card. Hugs lin

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Ooh I love this idea! Her dress looks so lovely and it just works to perfectly! Simply beautiful Amy :)

Stephanie said...

Love the way your card came out! I saw the tutorial yesterday and love seeing how she came out! Love the papers and how the bird is sitting on the ribbon:)Great Card as always

gobeagirl said...

Amy this turned out just adorable! I loved the video and I love her little birdie friend over on her bow. Very cute! I also just love how you colored in your background stamp that make up the pattern on her dress. Very very cute! I hope you have a great Friday. I only work Mon. thru Thurs. at 1pm and I for one can NOT wait! :O) hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

Outstanding - this is over the top gorgeous!! Will definitely check out your video.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Such a sweet card! Loved the tutorial, thanks for the inspiration.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love how you embellished her dress. TFS.

Danni said...

What a clever idea! and what a cute, sweet card!

Evinrude said...

Love this Amy! Love her outfit too, so cute.

Juls said...

so so sweet! hugs juls

Mimi said...

I saw your video, and ooooh her dress turned out so cute!! i thought it was paper pieced! Beautiful card Amy! ;D

kadie said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how you did her dress!! So genius!! Have a wonderful weekend, Amy!!

Leanne said...

I will definitely check out your vid. I love stamping on to images especially when there is enough space to do so with a fun image. it's like making your own paper. fabulous card Amy, love the pretty papers and all the layers.
;)