Monday, May 14, 2012

Birthday boy

Olo!

Oh man, has it been nice here! We hit the low 80's yesterday and it was just a beautiful weekend! Luckily the nights still are cooling down quite a bit, just how I like it. Perfect May weather!

So I suppose it isn't any surprise that I couldn't stay away from that Summer Fresh paper for very long. Though this time I wanted to make a cute boy card with that great denim looking print. Talk about easy peasy... one of the 4x6 panels and some plaid in the background and most of the work was done for me again. All I had to add was a stamped sentiment on one of the 'tags' and a sprinkling of buttons for embellishment. 
The stamps are a bit different for me because that little boy and his pup actually come from an October Afternoon set rather than my usual go-to stamp companies. I loved them as soon as I saw peeks of them last year and couldn't wait to get my hands on them. And once I got the set I did use a couple of the sentiments and I think one of the birds but all of the main images sat unloved. Sadness! But this card remedied that situation and eventually I will get the little girl on a card too. :)

Ok, work beckons and I must bid you adieu... hugs!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (Summer Fresh)
stamps- October Afternoon (Sidewalks set), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
buttons
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes/banner- R05, E07, E09, E81, E84, E87, E40, 0, B32, B34, BV20, BV23, C1, E35, E47, Y11, Y21, Y26
dog- E50, E51, E53, E34, E35

15 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I love that lil dog!!!! The whole card is Super cute!! Love your coloring of both these cuties too! The paper is GREAT!!
Have an Awesome week!!
hgus, Heidi

Stephanie said...

I love your card! And your coloring is beautiful as always!:)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

I love this denim print - looks so realistic! the buttons and the strips look perfect with thise great layout of yours :)

Juls said...

fab! love the denim and the buttons! hugs Juls

Nancy Thomas said...

Super cute Amy - love the boy and his dog - perfect with the new SS pad. I need to crack that one open myself.

Lau W said...

Ou superb card for a boy ! So lovely papers ! And your colouring is perfect !
xxx

Mette said...

Beautiful Amy. Love the little boy and his dog and brings back happy childhood memories. Love the papers and lay-out.
Glad to see "forgotten" stamps coming out to play :).

Hugs, Mette

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun birthday card. TFS.

Danni said...

The weather has been gorgeous!!

Wonderful card! Such sweet images!!

Cami said...

Wonderful birthday boy card! he is so cute and so is his little doggy following him. I love that denim DP here and the plaids...so perfect for a little boy!

Joy said...

such a great card! boy cards are so hard to make and you did a fabulous job on this one! too cute! hope you had a wonderful weekend! take care!

Leanne said...

This is awesome Amy! Love the image and teh fun layout.
Hope all is well!
;)

Evinrude said...

I love this Amy. it is hard to find a cute card for boys; this is one.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is too cute and it so reminds me of my youngest Nephew. He is just like his daddy (my baby brother) only with red hair. He is a sweetheart, but he is all boy. lol.... I can so see why you used this paper it is just fantastic! Hope you had a great day at work. We are all headed back to work and school in the am and Maddie isn't any happy about that. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

What a fabulous card! The border of patterns and plaid are a nice touch!