Sunday, April 29, 2012

Start everyday with a smile

Mornin'!

Ok, last night I finished reading A Feast for Crows... OMGosh, so many cliffhangers! And I don't think that there will be many resolutions to those cliff hangers as I have read that the fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, takes place during the same time frame but follows the characters who weren't featured in A Feast for Crows. That means that I will have to wait to find out what has happened until the sixth book is published in a few years! Argh! 
I haven't started A Dance with Dragons yet because of that long wait that is looming. I know that once I finish this fifth book there won't be the immediate gratification of diving right back into the story. So I'm trying to pace myself but these books are just SO good! If I got HBO I would at least be able to fill the void a bit with season 2 episodes of the Game of Thrones series. But alas, I do not and I will have to wait a year for it to be released on DVD. Believe me folks, I wouldn't be whining near as much about these long waits if the story wasn't absolutely amazing! ;)

Alrighty then, card time! Today I'm playing along in this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge to create a Spring inspired card. Easy peasy... especially since I had sweet Peony already stamped up just begging to be colored. I thought that the Miss Caroline Dolled Up paper pad had some pretty patterns that suited her and the soft colors definitely feel spring-ish to me. That great cluster of accents on the left is all part of the paper itself which made this come together super quick and I was inspired to add just a few more small doilies to pull that design across the card. Peony was loads of fun to color, especially that great skirt of hers. I really like how she pops against the lighter colors of the background yet still ties into the darker pinks of the flowers in the corner and the butterfly fluttering up above. Yep, I'm pretty happy with this one! :)

I've got lots to keep me busy today so I won't be reading at all. Though I will be getting ready for new Sweet November and ATS previews that are starting up this week so be sure to check back tomorrow when I'll be kicking off the new release fun! 
Hope to seen ya then!           
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Miss Caroline Dolled Up)
stamp- Kraftin Kimmie (Peony)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
My Favorite Things mini doily dies
Kaiser Craft pearls
Zva pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, Y21, Y26, E33
eyes- BG53, BG57, BG18, BG000, 0
clothes- YG21, YG95, YG97, R11, R21, R22, R29

17 comments:

Hlora said...

Love this cute card))) Your images are so beautiful))

chrilvian said...

ooo i wish i was that girl,hihihi
so lovely

Mette said...

Beautiful Amy. Love love love your colouring and these flower girls are some of my favorite Kimmies I think (must get a few myself hehe).
Hope you are having a lovely Sunday. Here it's ....... raining!!!

Hugs, mette

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty in pink! Love the way you colored her dress and the way you used the mini doilies.

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Amy!!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

oh my gosh she is adorable..I love the shading on her petals..beautiful..

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a beautiful card Amy! Love the color of her dress!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
ooo! She's soo pretty! Love her coloring, the yellow and pinks are gorgeous. Her dress looks like the petals of a flower. Very pretty and sweet. That sentiment should be everyone's motto.
Lookin' fwd to new releases!
Have a lovely Sunday!!
;)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy.
You are being such a bad influence on me with these books. I think I have to just go ahead and give in and start the first book. I am much like you when it comes to a good book. I have no patience to wait a year or so to get the whole story. lol... I love your card my friend. This is just so adorable and I was looking at your papers and really enjoying just how cute they are. Then I decided to see if I had that pack. Would you know I do? I love how you are able to see the paper and it's accents within the whole picture. It took me a couple of minutes to find the exact papers you have used, and I have to tell you I love how you have fussy cut it and made it your own. I know I have said it before, but you have such a gift when it comes to being creative. I hope that all the stuff you have to do today is fun. :O) I can not wait to see your new SNS tomorrow. Have a great day. Hugs Lisa

Cami said...

Love this fun and adorable card! Your blog title is definitely true of you! You must have thousands of sheets of pattern paper! This one is lovely also and so Spring'y and Summer-y!

Tonje said...

Oh, gorgeous! Your colouring is amazing!

Heidi Brawley said...

Wow this is very Beautiful. I love KKS too! Love your coloring of this without cutie!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

With this cutie I meant!! Omg! Gotta love so called smart phones.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! Your coloring always so stunning.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So cute Amy! I love the colouring on her and those papers are so beautiful :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, this is such a sweet card.

RiNNE said...

This is just fabby! The layering in the corner is genius! And her dress is perfection! So lovely!