Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring song

Hi friends!

I hope that you had a lovely weekend whether you were celebrating Easter or not. The weather was absolutely beautiful here in my little corner of the world and I couldn't have enjoyed myself more. :)

Now that the holiday is done and over it feels pretty wide open as to what types of cards I can make. All this freedom and wouldn't you know it, I make another very spring looking card. Yes, I used more Dear Lizzy but I swear I am almost through the small pile of scraps that I've been trying to use up of it. That doesn't mean I don't have a whole little 6x6 pad of it waiting in the wings but at least it won't be staring me in the face each time that I try to clean my desk, LOL! And I'm back on my mission of inking up neglected stamps. This little beauty is Hazel from Sugar Nellie's Fairy Glen collection. I LOVE these little fairies and I got her ages ago but still she sat, waiting ever so patiently on that mushroom of hers. I think the spring pastels really suit her though so the wait seems to have been worth it. And I'm entering Hazel into this week's open challenge over at Flutter By because I know she'll fit right in over there. ;)

Well, another Monday means another day of work so I guess I should go get ready for it.
Toodles!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy neapolitan)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Fairy Glen Hazel)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz bundled sage distress and Colorbox creamy brown
The Twinery twine
Memory Box perched reedbird die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R21
hair- YR21, E97, E99, YR27
clothes- G00, BG34, Y00, Y06, Y19, R00, R11, R21, YG01, YG05, Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28, G0000, G000
mushroom- E81, W00, R21, R22, R24

19 comments:

Mette said...

Super sute Amy and She's just fabulouse. Love the lay-out, colours and papers. As always your cards make me smile.

Hugs, Mette

Zarah said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!! Love your work! :D

Maria Therese said...

Gooorgeous ♥♥

Lau W said...

Oh so cute, so adorable card Amy !
xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is so adorable! Love the colouring and the beautiful papers :)

Nancy Thomas said...

This little beauty is in my uninked stash too. Sigh. Just not enough crafty time in the day! You've done a beautiful job with her and I really love the apricot colored mushroom. Gorgeous card.

chrilvian said...

ooo pretty
lovely colours

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Amy! Love the little birdie!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE she is totally Adorable!! Love your card!!! And I did go shopping yesterday for that little bunny baby!!! Thanks!!! Have a GREAT week!
hugs, Heidi

Mimi said...

Such a sweet card Amy! Love the colors, and the fairy is a cutie! Hope you had a good Easter... with plenty of jellybeans! ;D

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cami said...

So, so cute, Amy! Lovely, soft spring colors. I love how you did the cloud background...what color(s) did you use? Beautiful job coloring her teeny tiny limbs...I can't do that...I mess it up LOL!

Hugs,
Cami

yvon said...

Absolut pretty Amy. WOW!
Hugs, Yvon

Leanne said...

Aw, love the coloring here Amy. The mixture is definitely eye catching. Really pretty!!
Thanks for joining us at FBW this week! Have a great day!
;)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is too cute. TFS.

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Amy - fab mix of colours and papers! Juliexx

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable! I love the color pallet that you have used. She just makes me smile, and your card design is just perfect as always. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Did you get that yummy ham that you were talking about? lol... Yummmm, I can smell it over here. Hugs, Lisa

Juls said...

sweet image, love the gorgeous spring feel! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

love love love your coloring! The green clouds are great!