Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sit and chat...

Good morning!

Yesterday was not quite as nice out as I had hoped it would be. The wind was blowing off the mountains bringing with it the cold from the snow that's still up there. So I didn't get as much done out there as I had hoped but the extra time did let me set up my Flip and get a coloring video made. :)

After posting the grass video a couple weeks ago, I received a few requests to share how I did the blonde hair that I used on Easter Anya. This seemed the perfect time to do it so I just had to find a good stamp to showcase the combo on. The Greeting Farm stamps have nice, big heads of hair so I went back to my TGF binder to pick a likely candidate. Cheeky Chat caught my eye and since she hadn't been inked up yet this was a two-fer. I did alter her a bit by wiping away her winking eye and tracing in a new eye in its place. The color combo is a pretty ash blonde and you can find the video here or over on Color Me Copic.

I paired her up with this new-ish paper pad from Cosmo Cricket called 2wenty Thr3e and I'll admit that at first, I wasn't 100% sold on this one. The color combos seemed kinda clashy to me and a few of the prints are a little much to handle in anything other than small doses. But, I really like the retro mod styling and it seemed to have a very swingin' 60's type of vibe going on. To me this matched well with Chat's look. And the mustard/pink/orange/grey combo of it is even starting to grow on me. ;)

Alrighty friends, have fun and stay out of trouble. I'll chat at'cha later!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Cosmo Cricket (2wenty Thr3e)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Chat)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft gems
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Divine Twine
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, W0, W1, W3
hair- E40, E41, E42, E43, E44
clothes- R0000, R00, RV42, Y21, Y26, Y28, W3, W5, W7
telephone- G40, G43, G46, E40, YR12, YR15, YR18

8 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is gorgeous! Love the colours...especially her hair! She is so cute and retro :)

Isa said...

Ohh Amy, very very beautiful card !! I have this stamp, too .. I love it !! Thank you by your art :) Hugs !! Isa

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the color of her hair Amy, fab work!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE very Adorable...as Always!! You do a video on how you wipe away the closed eye and make a wide open 1. have an Awesome day!!!
hugs, Heidi

Unknown said...

Love the card..love the image..and LOOVE the papers! I am still hoarding mine lol. Thanks for the inspiration!=)
Erin

Danni said...

Super cute and sweet card! Such soft colors!

Leanne said...

Pretty!! Those are some really nice color choices. Your card is so retro cool Amy!
Hope today was a better outdoorsy day for ya.
;)

RiNNE said...

Ok, as I'm sitting here trying to catch up on 29 posts that I haven't read...I'm only card # 2, and have two tabs open already!!! He he! One to look up this paper pad (so cool!) and the other was the cute red-headed girly :). I'm on a stamp diet, Amy! But your blog always shows me the good stuff, LOL!

Gotta warn you that I may not finish catching up as I have work tomorrow...

This card is FAB. U. LOUS! Love the 'weird' color combo! You made it work and now I want it! TEE HEE! She is colored gorgeously!