Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rain, rain, go away...

Howdy peeps!

It's review preview day over on the ATS blog and I've got a second take on April's adorable addition to the Swiss Pixies... Rainy Day Birgitta. I really couldn't wait to give Birgitta a lighter and brighter look this go round. :)

I know that I already used some of these Chloe's Closet papers yesterday but considering that great blue in them I thought it would be a nice choice for this stamp as well. But I didn't want it to be as heavy in the blues as my last Rainy Day Birgitta card so that's where the bit of orange and yellow really cheer this one up. I picture this version of her to be at the end of the storm with the sky finally clearing and the sunshine peeking out from behind the clouds. I still added a bit of a green cast to her hair and body with the YG00 but it is a much more subtle look compared to Birgitta with the E80s hair. I also altered her just a bit by drawing in a couple lines to give her dress a separate bodice and sleeves so that I could give her outfit more color too.

Ok, so there is even more review preview fun and inspiration from the rest of the ATS team on the All That Scraps blog so be sure to hop on over there too! And all of the new April stamps can be found in the ATS store here!
Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (Chloe's Closet)
stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixie Rainy Day Birgitta), Amy R (So Wordy sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox chestnut roan
The Twinery twine
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Zva pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, Y32, Y35, E33, YG00
clothes- B32, B34, B37, E40, E41, 0, YR12, YR14, YR18, YG01, YG03, YG17

18 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE it is very Adorable!!! Love how you drew in more on her dress too!
have an Awesome day!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Kelly said...

I recently found your blog and I am loving your cards. They are just adorable. Everything about them is awesome, your stamp choices, paper choices, coloring of the stamps perfect!!

Unknown said...

Awww how pretty, this is really so sweet, love how you did the flowers on the twine.. and yes please .. rain rain go away :( It's raining her today!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

So very pretty - I love those papers - so very fresh and happy.

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mimi said...

Pretty card Amy! The papers are gorgeous, and just love Birgitta's new dress! Have a great day! ;D

Laura said...

Lovely colours! I like the music note paper too, great effect.
Laura xx

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous and so cute!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

oh she is so sweet ..I love the little butterfly just the right touch.

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

oh she is so sweet ..I love the little butterfly just the right touch.

Danni said...

This is fabulous! A perfect spring card!

jeanne girl said...

What a cutie!!! Love your coloring on her hair :)

Delphine said...

So, so beautiful, Amy! Gorgeous colours and I love how did the dress! Hugs Delphine xx

RiNNE said...

This blue is also very pretty too! Love your coloring, Amy! Hope your day is good so far!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the papers Amy, super cute card!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is gorgeous! I always love your layouts and the colouring on her is just perfect :)

Mary J said...

Another stunning card Amy! Love the flowers, perfectly placed!

Leanne said...

Aw, this is lovely Amy. The papers and the accents are fun. Pretty little Birgitta in her lovely blues and yellows. Another lovely card!
;)