Thursday, April 19, 2012

PB&J... yum!

Hi guys!

Guess who's enjoying a day off today? Yep, that would be me.
No big plans or anything but if I can tear myself away from Storm of Swords for even a little while then I'll call the day productive enough. ;)

Yesterday the mail lady brought me a box of the new Basic Grey PB&J goodies so you know that I had to jump right into them and make a card. The rainbow of bright fun colors in these papers have been calling to me ever since I saw the CHA sneak peeks back in January. But ya know what the first thing was that caught my eye as I opened up the collection pack? This floral motif that was printed on the top of the cover sheet. I liked it so much that I fussy cut it out to use as a main decorative element on my card. Just a thought, but it would be super cool if BG and the other paper companies would start making some super decorative border stickers that look like these clusters of flowers and other motifs. That way you could dress up a card with one quick peel and stick! A girl can dream anyway... ;)
So this was one of the rare occasions that I made my card base first without even picking out a stamp to go with it. Though I knew that I wanted a small fairy to either sit on the flowers of peek out from behind them. When I grabbed my Sugar Nellie binder sweet Faye was just who I was looking for.
Her clothes actually reminded me of a strawberry and considering the name of the paper is PB&J it is an obvious choice. I mean, come on, strawberry jam is THE best on a peanut butter sandwich, LOL! I fussy cut her off of the mushroom she was originally sitting on so that Faye would fit into the over all design. I just love her and all of her freckled cuteness. Plus, she's another one to check off my "ink it up" list. Woot, woot!
Oh and that fun mini jar stamp is part of the Basic Grey Picnic set that coordinates with the PB&J papers. I don't know about you but I'm still diggin' the mason jars. :)

Ok then, have fun today and be crafty!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (PB&J)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Faye and Freddie), Basic Grey (Picnic Jar), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown and Staz On black
Kaiser Craft gems
Sticko epoxy lady bug stickers
crinkled ribbon
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E15, R00, R20
hair- E23, E27, E47, E49
clothes/wings- R05, R08, E09, E19, YG00, YG03, YG95, Y21, Y26, Y0000, Y11, Y15, BG0000, BG000
jar lid- Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28

20 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE How super Adorable!! love it all but those lil ladybugs are soo Awesome!! Your coloring of Faye is Amazing too!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Hlora said...

Stunning card, fab image and great coloring. Great flowers!!!!

Trina said...

So cute! I go for apple butter on my pb&j!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love the layout Amy. Cute - those little ladybugs in the jar are adorable!! What a great idea :)

kim.scrapper said...

Wow, I just love this whimsical card.....she is adorable! tfs

Annette Allen said...

aww this is too cute..

Cindy H. said...

This is just soooo adorable!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So adorable! Love it!

Lau W said...

Oh so so so adorable image ! Very nice creation Amy !
xxx

Sudha said...

Gorgeous creation dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
http://crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in/

Nancy Thomas said...

Love all the bright colors, the mason jar and all those little ladybugs. The image is completely adorable and you showcased it perfectly. Don't even think of making me want that paper!!

Mimi said...

oooh! who's that cute lil' fairy? thought it was one of yours! ;) adorable card Amy! love the fussy cutting, the mason jar, and cute ladybugs too! Have a good day! ;D

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card. TFS

Maria Therese said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww ♥

Leanne said...

o my, i just want to squeeze her! that is a really nice floral arrangement and i love how the crinkled ribbon looks like it's part of the bouquet. that mason jar with the lady bugs is a cute touch. aw, this is really adorable! Hope you're enjoying your day off!
I'm reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It's kinda slow, but I'm pushing through so I can be ready to watch the movie. :)

Tonje said...

What a cutie! and the flower border looks great too!

Judy said...

Haven't seen the PB&J papers here in the UK yet, but it looks as though they'll be on the shopping list if this gorgeous card is anything to go by!! I love the little Sugar Nellie girl too, she looks just perfect sitting there on those flowers. How are you going to part with this little masterpiece? I'd be wanting to keep it in my craft room for ever!
Congrats on a lovely card,
xx

Sanna said...

Awesome card! :)

Jan said...

She's so cute! ANd my sister's name is Faye - not heard that often. And WHERE did you get those ladybugs?? I must have them! TFS!

RiNNE said...

Oh, wow! That paper is calling me as well! :)

So adorable, Amy! You are such an enabler with these darling Sugar Nellies, hee hee!