Friday, April 13, 2012

Konnichiwa

Hey there!

So I finished reading A Clash of Kings the other day. OMGoodness, this series just keeps getting better and better! There is magic returning to the world my friends and the pace of the story is becoming quite a ride. I'm already 100 pages or so into A Storm of Swords and I'm finding it hard to tear myself away from the pages. I've been getting less sleep but it is so worth it, LOL!

Ok, onto my card... it's a quickie that I pulled together from the Konnichiwa papers that were still lurking around on my desk. I went to my Stamping Bella binder because it's been quite a while since I've colored up one of my Ketto cuties. Now I'm not sure if I've used Wasabi before or not but I'm still counting her as a stamp to cross of my "must ink up soon" list. :)
I think it is a fun match up and since I kind of had a circle motif going on I went ahead and added that sticker with the symbol on it to complete the cascade. I have no idea what it means but I'm hoping that Basic Grey didn't trick me into adding some crazy sentiment like, "Eat more soup" to the card. So if anyone knows what that translates to, please share!

Well, I should get moving. Lots to do, lots to do!
TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/stickers- Basic Grey (Konnichiwa)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Wasabi Ketto), Basic Grey (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Tim Holtz weathered wood, Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9
clothes- YG00, YG01, YG03, Y38, YR16, YR18, R11, R32, R35, BG72, BG78

22 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW this is Awesome looking. love the coloring and papers together with this is Fab!!! you crack me up with the Eat More Soup!!! Maybe it's Wishing You Good Fortune!!!
Have an Awesome Fri. the 13th!
hugs, Heidi

Marianne said...

Well, "Eat more soup" isn't so bad, is it, considering all the possible alternatives LOL?
Love the card, Amy, and I hope you'll have a fab weekend. We'll be celebrating Greek Easter this weekend, so that means a BBQ with friends and plenty of wine and raki (for some)!
Marianne x

Mette said...

Wonderful Amy. Loving the colours and lay-out.
I wish I had more time to read. I love David Eddings (he write fantasy fictions about magic, wizard etc with a sense of humour - you should read him one day, I know you'd love them). I might have a look for the books you are suggestion :).

Hugs, Mette

Tonje said...

Gorgeous card, as always! The stamp is so cute, and I'm loving the colours too!

I'm going to see if my library has the books you're talking about as soon as I have finished the book I'm currently reading. I've been wanting to read "A clash of kings" for a while now...
Hope your week end is good!

Isa said...

I love this card !! Love the littñe japanesse .. beautiful card !!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Trista said...

Hi Amy, I just wanted to let you know that I only stop by a few blogs daily (I know, I could spend hours out there online but don't have the time!) But your blog is one that I go to everyday to see your cards. I LOVE your cards and your copic coloring, I think they're amazing.

I am just starting out with the copics (wouldn't know it by the lot that I've invested in, lol) but I'm going to a retreat in a couple weeks and my plan is to just play and practice all weekend with them!

Question for you, how do you store all your stamps? By the looks and sounds of it, it seems like you have a fair few, lol. I am constantly trying to think of better ways to organize mine and could use a fresh approach!

Thanks so much for the daily posts, I love them! - Trista

Unknown said...

Love this card..this stamp goes perfectly with the papers..btw Konnichiwa means "Hello" so no worries about saying something you didnt mean to say haha. ;)

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness! Love the pairing of Wasabi with the BG papers! And the circle theme is perfect, too! I THINK the symbol means "love" (ai), which would be totally appropriate for your delightful card! Have a wonderful weekend!

Mimi said...

Adorable card! The circles are in perfect balance to the strips of gorgeous paper! The symbol means "love", so Donna is right... totally perfect for your card! Happy Friday! ;D

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty card Amy!
Agrigato for sharing!

Maria Therese said...

Very cute ♥

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fantastic. I love the image and the papers you used are great. TFS.

gobeagirl said...

Amy your card is just perfect! The colors and your little lady make for the perfect card. Errin is correct Konnichiwa does indeed mean hello or for lack of the exact translation it is indeed a greeting much like 'Ciao' means Hello in Italian. lol..Language lesson over. lol.... Anyway my friend I love the little greeting as it looks like it is engraved leather. Anyway I am trying to tell you that I just love this card and your flowers are just adorable on this one as well.. lol...Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

OMG!! THat is my ring tone!! Actually if you have an adroid (not Iphone) you can download the zedge app and there is one titled Konnichiwa. It's hilarious and makes me smile each time i hear it. although sometimes it can get annoying. lol. Anyhoos, I'm going with Donna and Mimi on the symbol being Love so yes it's perfect for your gorgeous card. Love all the bits and pieces! I especially like the orange circle at the end of the branch, looks like a flower. Ok enough of my ramblings!! Happy Friday!!
;)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Amy this is just gorgeous! I love that image and your colouring on her is amazing. Beautiful tones to your card too :)

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Amy!

Cami said...

Fantabulous card, Amy! This Wasabi Ketto is a perfect match for these BG Konnichiwa papers! Love that cloud background you created! Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading besides crafting!

Debora said...

Super cute card Amy! I had no idea those papers even existed. And such a cute image that I've never seen before either. Love it all!
Are those fantasy books you're reading? I love fantasy...going to have to google that now.

Chelsea said...

I love her!!

RiNNE said...

She is so cute! Love the papers and the colors!

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic!