Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just because

Hey there!

We had a crazy thunder and lightening storm sweep through yesterday afternoon just as I was getting off of work. The rain was coming down so hard that the drive home was actually a bit nerve wracking. Luckily, as fierce as the storm was it blew itself out after just a couple of hours so I didn't have to get soaked taking pup-pup for his walk. :)

Maybe it was the grey skies that had me toning down the color palette on this card or maybe it was just wanting to pull out the What's Up papers from Basic Grey. It's another line with an interesting color combo going on but it's growing on me. I do have one disappointment with it though... see that cloudy sky paper behind Fairy Glenn Charlotte? Basic Grey didn't include that print in the 6x6 paper pad and I was so looking forward to having it in a more scaled down version for my cards. Le sigh, le pout, le boo-hoo. Oh well, at least I had the big 12x12 sheet to play with. And Charlotte does seem right at home in her slightly over cast sky. 

It's time for me to go get ready for the day now. So much to do, so much to do. 
Catch ya later my crafty peeps! :)     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/sticker- Basic Grey (What's Up)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Fairy Glen Charlotte), Doodlebug (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Divine Twine
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
tulle
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E33, E39
clothes- V91, V93, V95, V99, R05, E09, BG10, BG34, R02, R14, C5, C7, C9, E81, 0, BG70, BG72, YG41
wings- G000, G00

21 comments:

Mariska said...

Love it Amy!!! That image is SO cute and I adore the layout of your card. Fabulous as always.

Hugs,
Mariska

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Super Cute!! love your coloring of this Sugar Nellie.
Hope you have an Awesome Day!!!
hugs,Heidi & Brooke

Marianne said...

Awww, this is so sweet Amy. Love the image and how you have paired her up with those papers and bright accents. Also love that dent in the twine creating the impression that she is walking the rope.
Marianne x

kim.scrapper said...

What a sweet image and such a lovely card, tfs

Mette said...

Wonderful card Amy. Now you know what my sky has been looking like for the past 14 days lol. Fabulous image, gorgeous papers and as always your unique style :).

Hugs, Mette

Annette Allen said...

wow cute cute cute....love this adorable card...

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

She's so cute! I think the cloud paper looks great but I understand what you mean about some gorgeous papers only being made in 12x12! grrr hehe. You have done a beautiful job of colouring her up :)

Zarah said...

Oh my, how CUTE is that? LOVE it! :D

Unknown said...

absolutely adore this card Amy! her stockings are so stinkin cute! Im so in love with the What's Up papers right now.=)

Maria Therese said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeautiful!!

Danni said...

She's so cute!! Darling card and I love the added butterfly! :)

Cami said...

ADORABLE! She is so cute and I love the colors. (Gasp!) the "stripes" are so tiny and beautifully colored! You amaze me, Amy!

Hugs,
Cami

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

what a lovely and delicate card the colours suit the image so well and that dainty butterfly is the perfect touch..

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, this is just adorable! I would love to see how you made her hair look so real. It is just adorable... I love the color combo as well. I am happy we had our short thunder storm the night before. I was reading in be and it was so hot we had the fan on...I thought I heard the wind so Jerry went to check. We could see lighting that would make it look like it was daytime. We haven't had one of those is forever and I just loved it. Heehee.. Yes, I am an odd duck. Hope you have a great day. I am off for the weekend and I get to make my yearly trip to Tri-Cities on Saturday with my coworker.. Yay!

Sandra said...

So lovely!!!!!!!!!!!

Dangina Martinez said...

Aww.. She is so sweet. Love the skinny legs,lol. The weather around here has been so crazy. 90 with clear skies and the next day 67 with thunder storms. Scary.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

KWaltemathDesigns said...

AMY!!! I LOVE love love her! And her hair is to die for! She's GORGEOUS!


XoXo,

Katie

Chrissy said...

So adorable Amy, gorgeous image and colouring, luv her cheeky grin...so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

yvon said...

Absolutely beautiful.
Hugs, Yvon

Leanne said...

aw, this card matches our weather today. well except there was no cute fairy hanging around. :)
Pretty papers and love the layout. She's adorable!
Hope you have a great Friday Amy!
;)

RiNNE said...

EEEEEK! Love love love! She is super cute and that paper is so divine! Love every bit of your yummy card!