Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hello sunshine

Good morning!

I've got to take a quick Glee moment just to say how much I enjoyed last night's show. Yes, all of the Whitney songs were wonderful but it was more than that. The theme of counting down all of the 'lasts' during a senior year type of situation was really poignant and so bittersweet. Plus it seems like it has been ages since Kurt had a fab solo and his rendition of 'I have nothing' brought tears to my eyes. Sigh...

Yesterday I took the afternoon to make my 'start to finish' card making video series for April. I inked up this beautiful Happy Days Annabel from Crafty Sentiments Designs and I totally love her. She is a bit more intricate of an image so I ended up having to break the series up into four different videos this time. You can check any of them out here or on the Color Me Copic blog.
It's funny because the whole time that I was making this card I was just going along la-di-da without any real story or plan for her other than wanting to use the roses. Though once I got it finished and showed it to my sister, right away she said, "She looks like Belle from Beauty and the Beast." What?! You're crazy! But there she was... the brown hair, yellow dress and even a garden of magic roses. So yea, apparently I was subliminally channeling Belle onto Annabel, LOL!

Alrighty then. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that your day is full of sunshine too! :)      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (green), My Mind's Eye (red), Ivy Cottage (pink), October Afternoon (yellow), GCD Studios (Oh Happy Day roses)
stamps- Crafty Sentiments Designs (Annabel Happy Days), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
ribbon
Sticko epoxy ladybug stickers
Kaiser Craft gems
doily
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E21, E11, BV20, R00, R20, R43
hair- E51, E53, E57, E59
eyes- YG95, E34
clothes/rose swing- Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y35, E40, E41, 0, RV32, R43, R35, R37, R29, YG17, G07, G09

10 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Gorgeous card!! I soo thought she looked like Belle too when I saw her. I love it all. I have just recently started watching Glee on the Netflix online. It is pretty good!!! Have an Awesome day!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Gorgeous Amy! She does look like Belle ;) Love her dress and the beautiful roses

Nancy Thomas said...

She definitely has Belle coloring which is gorgeous! I like her popped onto the doily too.

Lau W said...

Oh so lovely card Amy ! so nice colouring, and this girl is so pretty !
xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

She's beautiful. Your card is fabulous.

Danni said...

I hope to watch your videos this weekend, you always inspire me!
Very pretty card!! I love the little ladybugs peeking about!

Mimi said...

oh yeah... she does look like Belle! Very pretty card and just loved watching the videos! Have a wonderful day Amy! ;D

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I have to say that I love your card. She is so cute and such a sweetheart. I can't wait to go watch your video. Now, much like you Jerry and I both enjoyed last night so much. We were both teary eyed when Kurt sang. I can only imagine how we'll be next week. lol.. I was so upset for Blain. I just love the two of them together. Hope you had a great day. Hugs

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Amy. Lots of teeny tiny details, but you never fail. It's late so I'll watch your vid tomorrow. I know I'll learn alot again! Thanks and have a lovely day!

Hugs,
Cami

RiNNE said...

So darling and adorable! Yes, totally Beauty and the Beast!!! I am getting sad about Glee too... :(, what is the show going to be like without the main and original characters?? I just love the Whitney episode as well! Just got done with last week's episode...so sad about Rachel!!!