Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bunnies everywhere

Hey there!

I hope that everyone gets to have some crafty fun this weekend. The way that the weather has been here, one minute it's nice and sunny and the next it is pouring rain, then back again. That makes it kinda hard to plan whether I'll get to do some outdoor as well as indoor activities. Though both will have to wait until I get back home from work this evening in any case.

So I have another Easter card to share and this one is all for the boys. It was time to ink up sweet little Masa from Sister Stamps because I thought the Doodlebug baby boy papers would actually work nicely for a more masculine colored spring card and I couldn't wait to pair up the two. The scale of the super small print in the 6x6 pad also worked fantastic for paper piecing his kimono. Add a bit of shading with my Copics and Masa was a quick one to color. I also couldn't resist adding a couple of extra bunny friends to the scene. The little leaning one on the left is part of the Akemi stamp that I just selectively inked up. The one on the far right was created by mirror stamping Masa's bunny onto an acrylic block then transferring that image to cardstock so that he was facing the opposite direction from the original stamp. Because most of my time and effort went into coloring up the scene, the card layout was kept very clean and simple.

And with that I will bid you adieu for the day. XOXO

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (Snips&Snails)
stamps- Sister Stamps (Masa and Akemi), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress and Colorbox creamy brown
Pebbles i candy dots
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9
clothes- E57, E59, Y13, Y21, Y26, B21, B24, B28
basket/eggs- E31, E33, E35, YG21, YG03, Y11, Y15, B24, B28, BG01, BG04
bunnies- E40, W00, R02
grass- YG03, YG17, YG67

18 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is such a gorgeous image. I love your colouring and the scene you have created :)

JLJ Designs said...

Gorgeous card! Those bunnies are so cute!

Jen

Marzenciuk said...

I'm glad you visit my blog. I admire your cards and beautifuly colored stamps. Greetings :)

Leanne said...

AWWW!!! So super cute Amy!! Love how you mirrored the bunny! This is a wonderful scene!! Those papers definitely work really well and your clouds and grass are devine! Have a good day at work and hopefully the rain has stopped!
;)

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the plethora of bunnies - just a beautiful scene and a gorgeous card. Have a great weekend.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is adorable. I just love the iamges. TFS.

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Amy!! Love how you've done the grass:-)

Jenny said...

So Awesome!!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I think this is just adorable! I love the papers and the fact that his kimo looks like you did it all by hand. Sweet little card with a very sweet little scene. I hope you have a great day at work and get to come home and be crafty. lol.. Hugs, Lisa

Danni said...

Aww, how precious!

Debi said...

Wow! Love what you did with all the bunnies and the coloring of your grass is AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Awww this is simply adorable Amy, what a fun image and I just looove your sky... I can never get it so good xxx

Tonje said...

I'm loving all your easter cards. They're all soooo cute! Happy Easter!

Marianne said...

You're absolutely right. The image and papers are a perfect match. Love the secene you have created. I recently watched a tutorial on colouring skies and have put it on my to do list (or rather "wish list" lol). Will also add the image mirroring using an acrylic block. It's so effective.
Marianne x

Larisa said...

AWE your card is Gorgeous. love the colors and the papers!! Love it all!

Mary J said...

I love this Amy!!! You always create such fab scenes!!

donna mikasa said...

Bunnylicious! Love all those bunnies!!

RiNNE said...

Eeeeeeek! I'm screaming with delight! So very cute! Those bunnies especially! Love their coloring, Amy! What a wonderful scene you made!