Friday, January 13, 2012

Traveling to Mount Olympus with TP...

Hello, friendly neighborhood stampers!

I know that it's been awhile but are you ready for a brand new rubber stamp release from Tickled Pink?! We are super excited to be kicking off the year with some fresh, new images that are different and fun! This time the Lolitas and Lads have traveled back in time to the era of the Greek Gods and Goddesses.

In the past I have admitted that I'm quite a nerd about certain things and the mythology of the Greek Gods is definitely one of those 'nerd areas' for me, LOL! I think I read my first stories of them back in elementary school and I have been hooked ever since. There has been so much great art created throughout history based off of the characters and stories from Mount Olympus. As well as a lot of fun pop culture takes on them as well. In fact, some of my most fave 'guilty pleasure' historical romance novels are re-imaginings of some of the Greek God tales... just check out Dazzling Brightness (Hades & Persephone), Shimmering Splendor (Eros & Psyche), Enchanted Fire (Orpheus & Eurydice), Thrice Bound (Hekate & Kabeiros) and Bull God (Dionysus & Ariadne) all by Roberta Gellis. I highly recommend them all! ;)

So anyway, you can imagine how excited I have been for this stamp release. And we are starting the whole thing off with Lilith's powerful take on the Goddess Athena. She is the goddess of wisdom and crafts, war and strategy, inventions in science, industry, art, and agriculture. She is best known as the olive-giving patron of her namesake, Athens. Not to mention that she looks just plain cool in her robes and armor, LOL! As far as cards go, I think she makes a great alternative for the traditional cap and gown type graduation cards and is fantastic for general achievement cards like this one too.


Now, as always it wouldn't be a Tickled Pink Stamps preview without a prize, so head on over to the Tickled Pink blog and leave a comment on today's post for a chance at winning your very own Lilith Athena stamp! And while you are there be sure to check out the gorgeous cards that my fellow Pink Ladies have created too! :)



Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Fancy Pants (All Fall)
stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita Athena Lilith), Papertrey Ink (Turning a New Leaf)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown and American Crafts green
Papertrey Ink Turning a New Leaf dies and twine
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E15, E19, E18
eyes- C1, C3, C5, B91
clothes and armor- C0, C1, C3, C5, Y21, Y26, Y28, Y13, E57, E27, E81, 0
owl- E31, E35, E27, E40, W5, Y21, Y38, Y15

13 comments:

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous take on Athena! So elegant yet strong- and it shows with the DP and bold colors!! I just watched the movie Percy Jackson... In that movie, he was a Demi-God, son of Poseidon and half human! :)

Hlora said...

It is adorable ;)

Crafty Loops said...

Im definitely with you there Amy. Im a complete geek but I think I took it one step further....my degree at Uni is Archaeology! I even have the ugly stripy jumpers too (a bit of an in house joke and a reference to a UK show called Time Team!). I love this card and most definitely love little Lolita Athena. She'll certainly do her best to get Odysseus home to his wife and son! Gorgeous card. Lee xx

Moni said...

Fab image, love it. Hugs, Moni

Christy Beans said...

History major here. I'll pass on the romances, but I like Rick Riordan's take on the modern lives of the gods and demigods. =)And Sam Worthington looks good in a toga (Clash of the Titans remake). LOL Definitely a great image, and the Aristotle quote you've paired her with is great for inspiration for new adventures! I love the leafy treatment you've done behind her in two layers.

Leanne said...

o love this era! Thanks for the suggestive readings! Gorgeous card Amy, I really think I'm going to love this release. Lilith Athena is beautiful and I love the olive branch you added behind her.
Have a fab weekend!!
;)

Creations by Shirl said...

Stunning Amy~
Love the revision of the old Greek tales....great layout...

Mary M. said...

Love the sentiment. Gorgeous papers and wonderful coloring.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. That image is gorgeous. TFS.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just gorgeous! I love, love the printed papers with her and with your quote. Your card really looks fantastic. Did you get your snow? We are suppose to by Wed. but for now just having a heat wave at 12 degrees. lol... I had such a nice time visiting with you the other day. Thanks for the lift. I am so in the mood to be creative today that I have already bathed(don't go anywhere with out it.)cleaned and gone to the store. Now it's My time. lol... Have a great day off. Hugs

Shelby said...

This is a fantastic creation! Love the leaves your coloring of whites is fantastic.

Shelby

Craftdee said...

Awesome take on this great new image: The papers and branch are perfect with it. TFS, Donna

Hanneke said...

Wow, stunning! Love that image and your coloring, love those leaves. Hugs, Hanneke