Monday, January 2, 2012

Sweet November Spotlight on Marion!

Hello, hello!

Well folks, it's a brand new year and with that comes some brand new
Sweet November previews for January. But before we start that party I want to shine the Sweet November spotlight on the newest full-time SN Gal... Marion van Eijsden! While Marion technically joined us with last month's release, I didn't get a chance back then to well and truly give her the introduction that she so deserves. :)

Marion is an amazing colorist, not only with Copic markers but also colored pencils. As a crafter and cardmaker she isn't afraid to experiment and try out different techniques to enhance her designs. Marion's eye for embellishing is rich and eclectic but always thoughtful in how to best enhance whatever stamp she is pairing them with. She's definitely a girl who loves her paper and products just as much as her stamping... something that I can totally relate to, LOL!


Now it's time for Marion to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which I always look forward to reading!

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
My favorite colors are Pink and Red... and I love to combine them. I have them both combined in my home decorations and I just love, love it. The Red is my outgoing and happy side and the Pink is my soft and gentle side. And together they are well balanced.


2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Oh my… I think it is… I don’t think that I have a specific style in card making. I try to make a card according to my feeling that I get from the day, papers and stamp. My home is styled according to what I love and not to what is Hot. But most people that come here love the way my house looks and feels.


3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Only one thing???? Pffff… Crafting, my cats and nowadays… my assistance dog Sjors. Who has a great sense of feeling my mood and giving me the comfort that I need.


4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
The time of King Arthur and Camelot and most of all I would love to meet Merlin!


5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
I would love to be a fairy… I once edited my face to a digital stamp of a fairy… giggle… but with my real size… no chance I will ever look like one. Perhaps I should ask Amy to make a chubby fairy?? I would love that!!

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
That is simple, I think that would be Artie. I’m disabled too and still live in the middle of the world and don’t let my handicap get in my way!!!!


Awesome answers Marion... I would so be standing in line with you to meet Merlin, LOL! ;)


Now take a look at the gorgeous card featuring Adorn D. Yard that Marion created. The depth of color that she achieved on this image is beyond amazing... move over Frosty because this snowgal has come to life! And the layers of papers and textures support the lovely scene perfectly. For my CASE of Marion's card, I chose Winter Kid Tess to play with in a very non-winter setting. I followed her over-all layout design very closely because the off set layers aren't something that I normally do but I loved the look. And the embellishment cluster down in the corner was a real nice balance to the main image. :)

Ok, so tomorrow Marion, Nancy, Rachel and myself are going to get this party started! Yep, the January release is shaping up to be quite a celebration so you will not want to miss the Sweet November sneak peek week!

See ya then!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Farmhouse)
stamps- Sweet November (Winter Kid Tess), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima bobbin button
buttons
brads
handmade crochet flowers
Fiskars border punch
Papertrey Ink twine
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E25, E47, E49
clothes- BG72, BG75, BG78, YR31, YR24, E50, E30, E31, W3, W5, W7

13 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Fabby cards ♥

Marianne said...

I love both cards. Marion's card appeals to me because of the (vibrant) reds and blues. This is the type of card I would make myself. Your card is a typical Amy card (even though your cased Marion's layout!), with your choice of embellies and colours.
Isn't it amazing how we all have our own signatures, even when crafting?
Happy New Year!
Marianne x

Creations by Shirl said...

Both cards are just adorable Amy~
Can't wait to see what those new releases are!
Have an awesome day~

Leanne said...

Happy New Year Amy!
Gr8 answers Marion! Love both cards, they each have vibrant colors and wonderful details.
Have a wonderful day and I'm looking fwd to the new release.
:)

Heidi Brawley said...

Your card is super cute!!!! love the scene with the paper and those crochet flowers are adorable too.
Happy New Year!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Nancy Thomas said...

Love Marion's vibrant card and your fun yellow and blues Amy. I'm all set for this release; can't wait to see what everyone else did with the fun new stamps.

Allison Rankin said...

Great mix of elements! I just think that Tess stamp is sweet and the papers you chose are brill!

Jas said...

Wow, both are gorgeous cards! Happy New Year, tfs! Hugs, Jas

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. WOW it feels like forever since I have spent any time in blog land. I love each time we get to meet a new SN Girl. I think that both your card and Marion's are both gorgeous and I can so see what you mean about the depth that she achieved with her snowgal. Love it. I also can not wait to see your new stamps. Oh, if only I was a millionair. lol.... Hope your week and new year is off to a great start. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

Such gorgeous cards!! Marion sounds like a sweetie! Love her answers and card! Her coloring, especially of the hat, is spectacular! Congrats to her!

And I love your card! Your image is so sweet! & I love her facial expression and that little park scene!!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Dear Amy,

Thanks for the huge compliments you gave me in this spotlight. You made me blush like a tomato!!!

I feel very honored to be part of your team!!! Thanks a million.
You know that my coloring got a flow when I started looking at your way of coloring... so lots of credit for you as well!

To all the ladies with the lovely comments... thank you! I so appreciate all the kinds and lovely words!

Hugs
Marion

Hlora said...

Love the card with Snowman a lot!

Elin Larsson said...

What a card perfect match on the girl with the wind in her hair!
Beautiful job!!!!