Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy, happy, happy, happy...

Hello, hello!

Well here we are at another fine weekend. I've got work today and more snow piling up outside but I'm not gonna let it get me down. Positivity is the name of the game and even if I would rather be enjoying sunshine and sandy beaches, I'm going to make the best of what I've got. Perhaps I can find a movie to watch tonight that will do the traveling to warmer climes for me. ;)

Anywho, today I've got the last of the three SOG Birthday cards that I made for this past week's release. This one features Baker Mae and something about her was giving off a bit of a 50's retro housewife kinda vibe to me. Though I can't recall ever seeing a 50's housewife with plum purple hair like hers, LOL! I couldn't help it though, seeing as how I had already given Birthday Mae and Cupcake Mae each pink hair, this Mae couldn't be left out of the fun. And who knows... maybe one of those 50's tv actresses did have purple hair, we just don't know because all those shows are black and white! :)

Don't forget that all of the new SOG birthday stamps are now available in the SOG store, including the special birthday digital stamp that has been awaiting a name. If you submitted a suggestion for it then be sure to hop on over to the SOG blog and see if you are the lucky winner!

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Little Girl), Heidi Swapp (card kit)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Baker Mae and Birthday Mae sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
American Crafts ribbon
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R35
hair- RV93, RV95, V06, RV99
eyes- B01, B04, B05
clothes- RV13, RV14, R35, R37, Y11, Y15, Y17, E50, E30, E31, YG03, BG49, B05, G20, C5, C7, C9

22 comments:

yvon said...

Hi Amy,

I so love these stamps, got to get me some. Your card is fantastic.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Yvon

Tonje said...

Fab card. Love how the purple paper is a perfect match to her hair...

Larisa said...

Amazing project!

MagsB said...

Oh so sweet! I love the gorgeous bright colours! Stay warm!

love Mags B x

Renkata said...

So sweet and cute card Amy.

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cute card, love that yummy cupcake she's holding too and her purple hair...
Have a great weekend Amy!

Crafty Loops said...

This is a smashing card. Lee x

Maria Therese said...

Sweet sweet card!Love the colors of the eyes!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the happiness this card exudes - perfect for a birthday card. Stay warm! Can I rub it in a little bit? It's 63 degees here right now and will get warmer - unseasonably warm for this time of year.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so sweet.

Allison said...

Hi Amy, I have been enjoying your bright birthday cards, so cute. You have picked up a lot of neat techniques this year for colouring.

aremus said...

She is adorable! I love the cupcake!

Amanda

Anne said...

gorgeous card Lee

Tina said...

fantastic

Ballie (Bennarda) said...

Een ontzettend mooi kaartje.
groetjes Bennarda (Ballie)

http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com

Giò said...

I totally feel in love with your creations!!! and I love your colouring!!!
Hugs, Giò

Unknown said...

Love these Odd Girl images - they are sooooo cute! Love the lavender hair!
Celestial Things (My adventures in Card making)

Unknown said...

Awww how fun and colourful .. love those coloured pearls, so creative :) xx

Karla said...

Fab card. Love how the purple paper is a perfect match to her hair...

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This card is so cute! I just makes you smile. I love the colors and the happy feel to it. Just adorable! Hope you had nice weather today. We had sunshine and it is still melting. Who knows what it will be tomorrow. We are suppose to get 4 to 8 inches tonight. Mitchell is hoping for the snow so he can get an extra extra long weekend, but I am not counting on it. When I was in school we only had our school close once is those 12 years and that was when Mt St. Helens blew. We were out of school for two weeks as everything was covered in ash and my Dad was in the Air National Guard at the time and he had to go to Sprague to help dig them out. It was not fun in any way shape or form. Ahhhh the memories. :O) Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

I love her hair!! I can totally see Beaver's mom with that color hair. ;) Super fun card Amy. It's so happy! ;)

RiNNE said...

Ok, if I missed any of your cards this week, sorry! I am supposed to be picking my son from pre-school right now, but I can't help and look and post more comments on your fab creations! Such a cute card...love her hair, Amy!