Sunday, January 22, 2012

The birthday fun continues...

Mornin' folks!

Can I just say that I'm glad it is Sunday? Yesterday is done and gone and I plan on relaxing a bit today because I need it. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. :)

Quickly, quickly, this is a card that I actually made for the ATS review preview and I'm just now getting it up to share here. I used the super sweet Swiss Pixie Birthday Lucy and paired her up with these Picadilly papers by Basic Grey. There is something about these new Pixies that has me reaching for a more homespun/shabby chic type paper when putting a card together for them... not sure why that is but they just look so cute in the more muted color palettes.
And see that ruffle down there? I was feeling extra crafty and decided to pink the edge of some white tissue paper then ruffle it across the card. I think it turned out kinda cute and I love how the tissue ties back to the actual gifts one would be opening on their big day. Ahhh, torn wrapping paper and tissue strewn about the floor... a sure sign of a very good birthday indeed! ;)

Alrighty, even though I would like nothing more than to go relax first I've got to tackle a couple of tasks on my to-do list. Wish me luck in that endeavor, I'm just not feeling very motivated so far.

Hugs!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, We R Memorykeepers stitched and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Picadilly)
stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixie Birthday Lucy), Doodlebug (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
buttons
tissue paper
American Crafts twine
Fiskars deco edge scissors
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft gems
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E34, E47
clothes- BG0000, BG11, BG32, E50, E40, 0, W5, W7, W9, W10, R05, R08, E19

31 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty and cheerful!

Detenish said...

Very pretty card!

chrilvian said...

wow
great colorcombo

Annie Rose said...

Gorgeous card, as always. :)

I just might have to copy the tissue paper ruffle, because, holy cuteness!

Good luck getting stuff done today! Hurry up so you can do nothing. lol :)

Nancy Thomas said...

I remember this from the review - thought it was so pretty then and now. Gorgeous, fun colors, the paper ruffle is a nice touch. I hope you have a great day.

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Fantastic fabulous again!!! I'm getting out of words.... LOL

Allthough I will be out of order... I will keep track of your blog Hun!!

Love as always
Marion

(ps... you've got a mail from me)

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a cute birthday card of Lucy...
love this idea with the tissue paper I have tons of odd sizes - TFS!
Have a super Sunday!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I think your Lucy looks just so adorable! I love your papers along with the white tissue paper as an accent to your whole card. Very very sweet! I have been up since 5 this morning and I am now trying to get my energy going aa well. I hope your mojo/enthusiasim comes back realy quick today. lol.... Hugs, Lisa

Sudha said...

Wow pretty awesome. Colorful n cheerful too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Tonje said...

Love your card. The papers are perfect for that little girl. Gorgeous colours! Oh, and I LOVE your ruffled tissuepaper. I might have to steal that idea and try it out myself...

Lisa Summerhays said...

So adorable. Love everything about this one.

Tanya said...

oh, just so adorable!

Marzenciuk said...

Oh my! It's absolutelly cute :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is just lovely Amy, such a happy and fun card, Jo x

Lau W said...

Oh such a nice card, love the tissue paper, rich idea !
Hugsa nd kisses Amy !
xxx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card!! Love the colors ♥

Mimi said...

Hi Amy! I just love this card when I saw it on the ATS review. The colors are so pretty, and the paper... the whole layout!! Gorgeous coloring! Enjoy your day of relaxing!! ;D

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this is Gorgeous!!!! Love this Birthday card!!! Love everything about it!!
Hugs, Heidi

Annette Allen said...

what a fun fun card...I love this image and awesome added buttons and flowers...too cute

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous job! I love the stitching, coloring, pinking, tearing and everything!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

JennyKozar said...

Such a beautiful and sweet card!

Robin said...

Sweet card... Really love the colour combo!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Amy! I love that image!!

Shaela said...

Such a darling card! Love the tissue paper ruffle :)

Shirley N said...

Awww, she is so precious Amy, sweet card, love it!!!

donna mikasa said...

Super sweet card, and I love that tissue paper ruffle! Cuteness!

Karla said...

Very pretty card!

Hlora said...

it is so cute!

Cami said...

Such a sweet, cute, fun BD card, Amy. I love your ruffled paper tissue idea!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
Yes, I'm catching up on commenting today. :) I think this is one of my favorite color palettes you've done. They are all gorgeous but this one really is pretty! I love the tissue idea! You are so creative and always bringing your A game to everything you share. Another beautiful card! Love it!
Hope you're having a gr8 day!
;)

RiNNE said...

Ugghhhh, I can't believe I am only seeing this now! Such fabulous cards on your blog, Amy! I am especially loving this week's creations! Awesome color combo...you totally rocked this party! Love, love everything about it! Those butterflies, buttons, papers, sentiment, and coloring are just the best!