Friday, October 14, 2011

A white Christmas

TGIF my stampin' peeps! :)

Any big plans for this weekend? I've got the entire weekend off and I'm trying to come up with something fun to do. Nothing has really come to mind yet so I'll have to give it more of a think today.

Ok, so technically I'm a day behind in getting this card up here on the ol' bloggity blog but I didn't forget that we have a new challenge
over on the Tickled Pink challenge blog. This week is all about creating an entirely white card background for your colored image to live in.

This one was kinda hard for me because... surprise, surprise... I love using color! So I thought about it and considering the background was all going to be white, I thought that would work for a snowy looking Christmas card. Then it was time to choose a stamp. Sure, I could have used one of the gorgeous new Victorian Christmas images but when I spotted Lilith from last year's release, all dressed up like Santa, I knew right away that she was the gal for me. The pop of bright red and green against the white was just too much to resist. ;)
To add some interest to the background I actually stamped the sentiment along with some Christmas trees in Versamark clear ink and used white embossing powder on it. I also added an edge of embossing powder all along the front panel to frame everything in. Sadly, no matter what I did, I couldn't really capture the subtlety of how it looks in my photo... sigh. Hopefully you will take my word for it that it turned out kinda cool. :)
Oh and did you know that Tickled Pink has their digital stamps available during the entire month of October? And not only that but there is also a 15% off sale going on now through Sunday... making this a great time to pick up a new stamp or two!


Alrighty
,
so go check out all the amazing inspiration from the design team girls and play along with us this week. There is a free digi of your choice up for grabs and the winner is now selected by random generator! Don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp in order to qualify for the prize... these include: Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pinkettes, Pink Pets and Cherries. All of which can be found in the Tickled Pink store.

Good luck!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Santa Lilith), Autumn Leaves (sentiment), Inkadinkado (Christmas tree)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versamark clear
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
ribbon
Maya Road star stick pins
Kaiser Craft gems
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R46
eyes- E35, E57, E59
hair- BG0000, BG10, 0
clothes- R24, R27, R29, E18, E81, E40, 0, YG25, YG67, G29, C5, C7, C9, 100, E30, E31, E33

25 comments:

Hlora said...

It is very nice and beautiful!! Love the bright red here - it looks fantastic!

Dotty Jo said...

Amazing colouring Amy, what a stunning card - love her hair! Jo x

Marianne said...

Amazing colouring, love how you created the texture of the fur. Lilith looks as if she has just stepped out of the card! Sadly, I do have plans for the weekend. I'm lagging behind on my translation work, so I'll be working instead of crafting. ;-(

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE well you rocked this challenge. love your card and all it's whiteness!!!! Have a Fantastice Fun weekend too!!!
Hugs, Heidi
ps I LOVE my mermaid card that came in the mail!!!! It's Beautiful and staying in my Home!!!

Liliya said...

Gorgeous creation!!! You're so creative and talented!!! Beautiful work!!

Lionelsa said...

Amazing card.

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous!! I enlarged the picture and could see all the beautiful details on the white background - so elegant!

Annette Allen said...

Amy this card ROCKS....love it

Nancy Thomas said...

The image just leaps off the card - stunning card Amy. Have a great weekend.

Creations by Shirl said...

Amazingly awesome Amy!
Love this one very much, the red is hot and it really makes that image pop out.... great background too...
Have an enjoyable crafty weekend!

Isa said...

How sexy !!! Very pretty card !!

Leanne said...

Awesome card Amy! Love the pop of color and the all white background. She looks like she's about to trudge into the deep white! hahaha!
Enjoy your weekend off! I'm heading out of town to visit my sister and cousins.
Happy Friday!
:)

Sudha said...

Beautiful creation dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is stunning Amy, your colouring is amazing, love your card xxx

Karla said...

It is very nice and beautiful!! Love the bright red here

Julie said...

OMG, stunning!!! Awesome colouring and love the white background!! Juliexx

Sara I. said...

Stunning card! The white background is just amazing!xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love this winter white out Amy!

RiNNE said...

Don't ya hate it when the camera can't quite capture the beauty of a card? Love the beautiful "negative" space. Her outfit truly pops out & shows off the fabulous coloring! Enjoy your whole weekend off!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh Amy! Wonderful, wonderful! It surely is a White Christmas! :) Boy, I can't even get myself to make anything for Halloween and you're already doing Christmas! Shall I place my order with you so that you can do all my x-mas cards? :) hee, hee! Have a great weekend!

Jas said...

GORGEOUSSS!!! That's all I want to say! hugs,Jas

Crafty Loops said...

I love this card Amy and you have coloured her beautifully. Lee xx

Regan said...

Stunning, Amy! Love how Lilith POPs against all that white! Top notch coloring, as always! The star topped pins are fabulous too! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Unknown said...

I LOVE all white cards..this is no exeption..she's gorgeous!=)

Unknown said...

I LOVE all white cards..this is no exeption..she's gorgeous!=)