Thursday, October 27, 2011

This way comes...

Hello!

Boy oh boy has it gotten cold here quickly! Just a few nights ago we were hovering in the low 40's then all of a sudden we were below freezing by 10 pm. Yesterday was cold all day long and I'm worried this might be a sign of an early winter... yikes! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the dreaded white stuff holds off on making an appearance for a few more weeks, LOL!

Ok, enough of my moaning and groaning... we have a new challenge over on the Tickled Pink challenge blog and this week is a photo inspiration. I loves me some photo inspiration so this one was right up my alley. :)
It's a perfectly spooky Halloween looking room full of great shades of orange and black with plenty of spiderwebs and skullies. As soon as I saw it I knew that I would be using Witch Lylah for my card, she's just too fabulous not to ink up now that I've got her in rubbah. And considering I've made quite a few Halloween cards lately, all I had to do was pull scraps from off my desk and throw them together to get this one rollin'. Then I finished it all off with some super cool spider web looking ribbon that my bloggin' buddy Rinne recently RAK'd me (thanks Rinne!) and like magic it was done! ;)

Alrighty, so go check out all the amazing inspiration from the design team girls and play along with us this week. There is a free digi of your choice up for grabs and the winner is now selected by random generator! Don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp in order to qualify for the prize... these include: Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pinkettes, Pink Pets and Cherries. All of which can be found in the Tickled Pink store. And don't forget that Tickled Pink has their digital stamps available during the entire month of October!

Good luck everybody!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Authentique (Glowing), The Girls' Paperie (Toil and Trouble), BoBunny (bright orange)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Haunt Witch Lylah), Studio G (sentiment and bats)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Martha Stewart black
Martha Stewart epoxy spider stickers
Kaiser Craft gems
cool lacey ribbon (RAK from Rinne... thanks!)
Copic Spica glitter pens
sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- YG0000, G20, G40, G21, G28, W3, W5
hair- C5, C7, C9, YG03
eyes- G24, G29
clothes- T5, T7, T9, BV23, BV25, BV29, Y38, YR04, YR18, E07, Y13, Y18, E81, 0, E44, E42, N5, N9

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww wow this is wickedly awesome Amy, what a fun card, love that stamp and the crawly spiders :) xxx

Sudha said...

Fabulous creation Amy.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous - love her green skin tones, Jo x

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the green highlights in her hair. You are the best at Halloween cards.

Annette Allen said...

Wicked cute...

Dani said...

Wow! this is beautiful!!! first time visiting your blog!

Also, just cause i like a good coupon, here is a code for fellow crafters:


20% off PaperLayerz and CutMates from the www.thePaperMillstore.com/diecutting website if you enter the code 'eCraft11'.

Crafty Loops said...

Oh she looks very wicked indeed. Love this card...but ahhhhhh! Those spiders look so real lol. Love this card Amy. Lee x

Sara I. said...

this is wicked awesome!! love the papers and design. fabulous way to do the image and sentiment! xx

Renkata said...

ohhh Amy, this is gorgeous, I just love this image,
I do have it as a digi, must print it out and do some colouring.
Great card dear.

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous image and coloring. That is yummy DP too.
Tons of Hugs Dangina

Dragonlady said...

Wicked card Amy, love the colours.

Hugs Ali x

THERESA said...

This is just so cute, that spider ribbon is gorjuss.......:))
lotsa luv

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a superb card as always.. every detailing is made too perfection... great coloring, the image and the embellies just too too beautiful...
hugs Amy!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is gorgeous.

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW!!! Awesome as Always! love it a lot!
Hugs,Heidi

Marzenciuk said...

Awsome, I love your cards. Greetings :)

Marianne said...

Awww, another gorgeous card and image. Almost makes me wish I would be making Halloween cards myself, but the whole Halloween concept remains alien to me.
Your blog candy arrived today! My DH managed to salvage the package when the postman was trying to force it into the mailbox! Thanks again! Everything looks even better IRL, including your fab card. Marianne x

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Fabulous card and I love the DP combo. OMG, I'd never be able to handle "below freezing" temps.
60's are cold enough for me. LOL. Stay warm.

gobeagirl said...

Good morning me friend. I hope that you are well. It id super cool here as well. lol.. Don't you just love how it goes from summer, to two weeks of fall then winter? I think your card is just adorable! I love how you have colored her as well as your ribbon that you have used. Your spiders creep me out. They look all too real. heehee. Hope you are having a great week. I actually have today off, then I am back on for 3 straight weeks on with only Sundays off. Oh well, I sure will be able to pay bills. l:O) Hugs, Lisa

Mette said...

What can I say Amy apart from FABULOUS. Love the image and your choice of great papers and details. Love it.

Hugs, mette

Cindy H. said...

What a fun and sassy card!! The saying is so perfect with her look:) Awesome coloring!!

We're getting a cold rain right now but we're expecting some snow late afternoon/early evening. Yuck! It's way too early. Right now they're saying a coating to an inch.

yvon said...

Absolut gorgeous.
Hugs, Yvon

Cami said...

Awesome card, Amy! Love her green skin and the spiders on the web lace trim! Keep bundled up and I hope the snow doesn't come too soon! I'd be frozen...HI people can't stand the 50's! LOL!
Cami

Caroline said...

Wow!! Beautiful colouring! Spectacular!!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous masterpiece! Love all the embellies and details that make this so spooktacular! Awesome, Amy!

Isa said...

Woow !!!! It´s a fantastic card !!!
I love so much the picture and your coloring !!

Nicole said...

Very nice, I love this card and the image is toooo perfect. The whire ribbon you use is fabulous and the lil spiders fit great. Maybe I'll hop on over and check out the challenge.

RiNNE said...

Awwww, three mentions..you are so generous!! ;) you are very welcome, Amy!! Your card is amazingly lovely!! The colors are phenomenal and I'm glad you made use of that meshy ribbon!! She is phenomenally colored and thnx again for all of the wonderful tutorials!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, Amy! This is super cool & fun! Your cards always sooo amazing.

Cor* said...

Lylah is Gor_geOUSly SpooKaLicioUS!!! Great papers and wee spideys!!! And that lacey ribbon is perfect!

Leanne said...

Awesome Amy! Love the ribbon! And the colors on Lylah are fantastic! Another gr8 Halloween card!

Hope the tempertures go up for ya! Move to Cali and you won't have that issue. :) hehehe

Leanne said...

Awesome Amy! Love the ribbon! And the colors on Lylah are fantastic! Another gr8 Halloween card!

Hope the tempertures go up for ya! Move to Cali and you won't have that issue. :) hehehe

Regan said...

Ok, so I'm a little slow... I meant to comment on this gorgeous creation last week and with the weekend snow storm it seems I neglected to show my teamies some love on their blogs!

I adore this, of course! Fantastic papers and I love the netting & the itty bitty spiders! Plus, your coloring is stellar as always! :)
{hugs}
Regan