Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sweet November Spotlight on Jacilynn!

Good morning!

It's almost time to start previewing the new
Sweet November stamps for November. Before we meet those cool holiday friends I want to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a very special bloggin' pal... please say hello to Jacilynn Dashwood!

I've been following Jacilynn's blog for quite some time and I'm always tickled when I see her featuring a Sweet November stamp on one of her cards or other adorable creations. So when it came time to find a GG for this release, I couldn't wait to ask her. :)
Jacilynn's style of cardmaking is a bit CAS and a bit fun and funky all mixed together. She has a jazzy way of using and combining colors that always makes me smile. Her mini masterpieces are fresh and vibrant with a color story that enhances whatever image she may be using. I guess what I'm trying to say is that her work has a sense of overwhelming happiness. And I am so excited to have Jacilynn
joining us this month!

Now it's time for Jacilynn to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which I always look forward to reading! :)

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
My favorite color is pink and it just simply makes me happy to look at it. But I think Red most represents my personality. I'm passionate about the things I love. I either love something or hate it...no middle ground for me. If I eat something good I'm gonna be telling my friends "You have got to try this, it's amazing!" I really over use the word AMAZING.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Yes, I love bright bold colors for my dress, home, and card making. I like things to look good without "trying to hard." So I lean toward a CAS card style. I also don't like to fuss so most of my cards are 4x5 so I can mail them easily.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Strike the word "always" substitute "frequently and my answer is my Kids. I have some seriously funny kiddos. And I really love being a Mom, it's the best thing I've ever done.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I'm a huge Jane Austen fan, so I would have to say when she was alive. I'd love to have a conversation with that woman.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan so I'm gonna say witch because who wouldn't want to be magical? I would be like Mrs. Weasley, using my magic to clean my house.

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
I am a Gleek! I love that show. I don't necessarily identify with any character in particular but I love them all. I love their flaws and eccentricities. I love rooting for an under dog.

Yeah! A fellow Gleek! Love your answers Jacilynn. :)
Now take a peek at the super cute project featuring Baby Bunny with bunny that Jacilynn created! Isn't it just the perfect little treat box for some sweet Easter candy? There is a playful mix of colors and prints going on here that I find really inspiring. And even though I made a card when it came time to CASE Jacilynn's project I really liked the label shape that she based her entire design on and wanted to do the same for a Christmas card. So I inked up Milk and Cookies Boy and just mirrored Jacilynn's original layout since he is facing the opposite direction. Instead of the big paper flower I decided to add a large tag to house my fun sentiment instead. I have to say, this card came together so quickly and I totally have Jacilynn to thank for that! :)

Ok, so Jacilynn will be joining Nancy, Rachel and myself in the November Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! Put on your warm winter coats 'cause it's gonna get chilly cold around here... ;)

See ya then!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Christmas Kitsch), Reminisce (Santa face)
stamps- Sweet November (Milk and Cookies boy), Inkadinkado (Christmas Kid's Quote)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
ribbon
button
rub-on flourish (RAKd from Karla... thanks Karla!)
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E27, E47, E49
clothes- BG72, BG75, BG78, BG09, R24, R29, E19, E30, E31, E34, E34, 0, E81, BG000, YG03, YG95


14 comments:

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous, love Jacilynn's style of cards, so pretty xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the big sentiment on the tag and of course cookie boy is completely adorable - I really like the colors of his jammies.

Lau W said...

Oh 2 beautiul creations !
xxx

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE love your casing!! it's
adorable!!1
Hugs, Heidi

Creations by Shirl said...

Great projects on both...love your casing too... Cookie boy is too cute.

Cindy H. said...

Two adorable projects!! Love the images and beautiful coloring on both of these cuties.

Crafty Loops said...

Jacilynn's card is so pretty and I just love your card Amy. And the sentiment is perfect, my Mammy used to say the very same thing to us when we were wee. But then she still does as there is a 10 year old at home.....he was a little "surprise" needless to say. Only 21 years between us, lol. Lee x

Jacilynn said...

Wow, I can't tell you how excited I am to be joining you guys this month. I'm such a fan of your art, Amy. Thanks you for your oh so sweet words and for having me ;)
x
Jacilynn

Unknown said...

love this card!!! cant wait for the new releases!!=)

SuiLan said...

Both of your projects are so cute and I love the sentiment Amy!

Leanne said...

Cute treat box! Love ur case Amy. Both are so sweet and we can see why you chose Jacilynn. She's super talented can't wait to see what she makes and can't wait to see the previews. :)

Annette Allen said...

so cute... Just how many cards do you make a week?

RiNNE said...

Congrats to Jacilynn! Love her answers and her creation!

Wondeful card, Amy!! Love
That little Santa peeking through!! Such a cute image and sentiment!

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

This is just precious. The Milk & Cookies Boy stamp is darling. Love the vintage Christmas look.