Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sweet November Spotlight on Danni!

Good morning friends!

So did you have a wonderful World Card Making Day yesterday? I didn't get to do much for it but the line-up of new images for the October Sweet November previews has got me thinkin' Christmas cards already. Yep, we've got some familiar faces to start peeking tomorrow but before we get to them I want to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a magically gifted card maker.

I think this gal just may have been a little changeling that was spirited out of Sweet November Land as a babe because she loves all things fairy more than almost anyone else that I know! She runs the super popular Flutter By Wednesday challenge, which I have enjoyed playing along with on numerous occasions, and she is just a total sweetheart to top it all off. :)
Please give a warm welcome to Danni Bindel!

Danni has a beautiful style of card making that is a wonderful mix of clean & simple with a touch of whimsy thrown in by well placed and thoughtful embellishing. Her designs have a linear and graphic appeal that always showcases her beautifully colored images without overshadowing them. Yet the clean lines of Danni's designs are also perfectly balanced by her great use of pattern papers that give each of her cards a warmth and homespun beauty that is truly delightful and inspiring.
I am positively thrilled to have Danni joining us this month!

Now it's time for Danni to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which I always look forward to reading! :)

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
I had to look up what the colors meant and based on what I read, I think blue represents me the best. The description I read said blue represents creativity, intelligence, loyalty, strength and wisdom. All of those things are things that I feel really describe me and sum up "me". Now if you had asked what color I'd *like* to be it would be pink as the whole world would be better with more pink in it.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Yes, I'm a t-shirt and shorts/sweats kind of gal. I like simplicity. I don't really have a home decor style--we just have things we like and they don't match or have a theme at all. LOL! I tend to make my cards more towards the simple side without a lot of hoopla.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
hmm...one thing...hmmm.....music. One of the best things I can do when I'm grumpy is turn up the tunes and pretend I can sing..always makes me happy.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
It would be a toss up between the Medieval times or Victorian times. I love the whole chivalry and excitement of the medieval times and then I love the style and etiquette of the the Victorian..quite the contrast really..

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
I think a fairy or pixie as they always seem to have fun and that's what I'd love to do...just have fun!

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
Sigh, I might be kicked out of Sweet November Land but I sadly haven't ever watched Glee..sigh, hopefully I'll be forgiven!

Awww... we'd never kick ya out Danni! :)


Now take a peek at the gorgeous card featuring Fairwee Jilly that Danni created! The colors that she used bring to mind a cool, spring breeze and I can just imagine Jilly floating along on that sweet zephyr without a care in the world. The touch of glitter on the butterfly and those pearls really bring a sweet elegance to the overall look of this card, which I just adore. When it came time to CASE Danni's card I really loved the entire design so I used the same basic layout and changed things up by skipping seasons and going with a more fall inspired theme. I chose to ink up wee Mia and even took a cue from Danni to paper piece her outfit. And instead of a butterfly it looks like Mia found a dragonfly to boss around for a bit, LOL!

Ok, so Danni will be joining Nancy, Rachel and myself in the October Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! It's beginning to look a wee bit like Christmas around here... ;)

See ya then!

Supply list:
cardstock
- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It

paper- We R Memorykeepers (Autumn Splendor), vellum

stamps- Sweet November (Fairwee Mia), Paper Trey Ink (acorns and sentiment)

ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown, Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge and Scattered Straw Distress

Prima
leaves

EK
Success dragonfly punch

Kaiser Craft pearls

Copic
Spica glitter pen

Copic
markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20

hair- E31, E35, E57, E59

clothes- E81, 0, E44, E47, YR82, YR12, YR14, YR23

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for the interview. I really like it. :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Both cards are so sweet with those adorable Fairwees. I'm looking forward to Danni joining us this month.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I know that I have said it before, but you have such a way of writing. I could sit and read anything that you write. lol... I think you have done such an awesome job of describing Danni that if I didn't already enjoy her cards and visit her regularly I would have to. lol... I love both the cards that both you and Danni have made. Truly sweet. Hope you have a great Sunday. I am hoping to get some card making done. Long week ahead, and I want to be prepared. Hugs, Lisa

Cindy H. said...

Such adorable cards!! Love the paper-piecing on the dresses and the beautiful coloring!

Creations by Shirl said...

Both cards a really cute, love the paper pieced outfits on both...
Way too go Danni!

Rhonda Miller said...

What sweet cards. Thanks for sharing about yourself Danni.

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
I have to agree with Lisa, you tell the best stories! Congratulations to Danni! YAY! Both cards are beautiful and I have to say she does some wonderful layouts. I've case'd at least one or two of her creations and I love this one as well. I might be case'ing 3. Can't wait to see the new releases, I'm already setting aside some funds to purchase. :)
Have a great Sunday!

Danni said...

Wow...is this really me?? You have such a way with words..I told my family I feel like a Queen today with all your kindness!! Thank you!!
Love your card! So sweet and love Mia's little outfit!!
Thank you again for having me as a Sweet November Gal!!

Crafty Loops said...

Danni's card is so cute. I love yours too Amy, I love the colour. Lee xx

RiNNE said...

Congratulations to Danni!!! I just love her challenge blog and her fun and honest answers! Love your cute chibi too, Danni!! (that quip about Glee made me LOL!)

Both cards are adorable! Liking the color combo of Danni's and that subtle sparkle. Your card is incredible & paper pierced to perfection! Love the sentiment & all that plaid- perfect for Fall!!

kris said...

Yay!!! Congrats Danni!!! Wonderful guest designer to have!! =D cute cute cards!! love the paper piecing!!

corryskaart said...

wat een geweldig mooie en leuke kaarten en geweldig mooi ingekleurd,super!
groetjes van corry

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Yay, a big congrats to Danni!!!
Both of your cards are SO cute! Fun and exciting! I am looking forward to your next set of sneak peeks :)
hugs to both!
margie xo

SARA said...

hi Amy beautiful cards ;) i love it! hugs

Sara I. said...

Both are so super adorable! LOVE the sentiment on the fall cute - its too stinkin' cute!xx

Pinkladibug said...

Oh my goodness!!! both of those cards are too sweet....I love the fall colors.....very beautiful.

Thanks

Kristie W. said...

Awesome spotlight on Danni!! Congrats Danni, I can't wait to see your sneak peeks!!

Mimi said...

Congrats to Danni!! Both cards are so adorable! Just love those cute Fairwees!! Can't wait to see the new release! ;)

Chelsea said...

I have actually met Danni in person. She is soooo talented! Good choice to pick and feature her!