Sunday, October 9, 2011

Kissy, kissy

Good mornin' folks!

Today's my day off and I've got plans to travel to the "big city" for a day of fun, shopping, and a haircut... woot, woot! I seriously can not wait. It may be superstitious of me but I'm still hoping that with the hair chopped off again I'll have a resurgence of crafty mojo. Because it's been about a month and I'm still waiting to get out of my rut and hit that 'next level' that I've been reaching for. Wish me luck! ;)

So I wanted to finish off sharing the last of the cards that I made for the Some Odd Girl digi release and today I've got Mistletoe Kaylee. She sure is one flirty little Christmas cutie don'tcha think? And what about that red hair color combo? It was totally inspired by the fabulous miss Carisa and as soon as I saw how 'fiery' it looked I knew that it would be perfect on this hot mistletoe vixen! ;)
Carisa has even got a great video tutorial using this hair color combo that you should definitely check out. And I'm excited to say that we will be adding her to the Color Me Copic blog for even more inspiration over there too!

Anywho, the rest of the card is pretty simple, relying very heavily on the fab image and awesome Echo Park Season's Greetings papers because there isn't much else to it. It's that darn mojo I tell ya. ;)

Alrighty friends I'm audi... catch ya on the flip side! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Season's Greetings)
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Mistletoe Kaylee)
Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
buttons
EK Success border punch
Ranger Liquid pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00,R20, R29
hair- YR04, YR07, YR09, R29
eyes- YG03, YG25, YG67
clothes- E41, E42, E43, E81, 0, W0, YG03, YG93, YG95, G000, G00, BG11, BG32, R24, R27, R29, E18, YG67, YG97, YG99

28 comments:

Hlora said...

It is very nice))

Robin said...

The colours in this are awesome!!! So pretty!
Robin

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous christmas card! And you always color the best red hair girls ♥

Tina said...

card is great! last year my hair was red,something like on this card.

JLJ Designs said...

Love her hair! It totally caught my eye.

Jen

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a cute title, love that kissy, kissy! Well, here's another hot card..... as always so beautiful as every and love her red hot hair color and perfect colored winter outfit.... pretty papers and buttons too!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love her gorgeous red hair and all the festive Christmas colors. Have a fun day!

Isa said...

I love this card !!! Wowwwwwww

Cindy H. said...

Such a sweet face and I love the beautiful red hair!

Brandi said...

Love this! Her hair is rockin' in that shade of red! Have a fun day in the city. :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Amy! have a fun shopping/haircut day!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Awesome card! Love the colours and the cute image.

Mimi said...

Lovely card Amy! Love the papers and gorgeous coloring! So excited that you have Carisa on Color Me Copic, she's amazing! Have a fabulous day!! ;)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fantastic.

Tress said...

This card is stunning! Absolutely adore the bright red hair! And thank you for linking the video for us.

yvon said...

What can i say..... it's gorgeous.
Hugs, Yvon

Jas said...

Wow,love that hair! Gotta need to get more copics and need to learn more copic hair coloring...off to Carisa's video tut...Take care and enjoy, TFS!

Karla said...

Awesome card! Love the colours and the cute image.

kris said...

Sweet, sweet card!! i like this image and added her to my collection!! Love the hair coloring too... must try it... thanks for the inspirations!!

SuiLan said...

I love the simplicity of this card Amy. Great papers.

gobeagirl said...

Amy I hope that your haircut and big trip to the City has helped rejuvenate you. lol... I however think that your cards are all just so adorable, so I can't imagine what you will come up with due to the cut. lol... Hope you had a great day. It was beautiful over here this weekend. We finally got the chance to purchase a brand new couch and Jerry a recliner, so I am happy that I was able to give my nephew the set we just bought last winter. This couch is just devine and I now feel like a grown up. lol. Grat card as always my friend. I love the papers and the way you have colored her. Hugs, Lisa

Craftdee said...

Great card Amy, the colours are fab (and who could resist that cute image, not me that's for sure) I know what you mean about mojo, I keep hopping around blogs seeing all this great stuff and I STILL can't knuckle down, it's like it's too hard or something. Hope your haircut works, though you'll be relieved to know that your lack of mojo isn't showing in the quality of your "stuff" :-) Dee

Unknown said...

Super cute card! :)

Unknown said...

This is so fun and so colourful.... love her HAIR !!!! :)

RiNNE said...

I don't think the card needs much else, Amy! I think you're right in that the SOG image is pretty strong (especially with that fiery hair, WOOOHOO!). Hope you have a wonderful day in the city and that your hair cut goes well. Sorry the mojo isn't back yet. But, girl, if that is how you work without much of one.... :) hugs!!!

Leanne said...

Sorry Amy, I'm scratchin' my head trying to figure out where your mojo went. Looks like it's still there, but if you think ur in a funk, then I hope the new do will bring it back. I love how you colored Kaylee, her red lips, and fiery hair is awesome! She's pretty and sassy and ur card is fabulous. Gr8 job! ;)

Rosa Forino said...

davvero bellissima buona settimana rosa kreattiva

Kehkshan said...

I have no words to expalin simply red color is looking so cool...I think its perfect christmas card...
Plastic Cards Monster
Plastic Cards