Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hello, my pretty

Mornin'!

Well, I totally scored at the crafty store yesterday. While I was browsing the Christmas aisle of paper and goodies I came across two different paper pads by My Mind's Eye that I had never even heard of or seen promoted anywhere before. I was shocked I tell ya! There was a 12x12 pad called Christmas Kitsch and a 6x6 pad called Merry Little Christmas... both of which are supah cute and thanks to some 40% off coupons, one of each came home with me! Woot woot!
I've gotta say, that find completely made my day and I can't wait to dig into them. :)

But before I jump head first into Christmas cards, I've still got one final Halloween card to share this year. I wanted to go with something sweet and cute so another Pure Innocence cutie came out to play, Little Witch. And instead of going straight to the Halloween papers I went with some random orange paper scraps. Just by adding in the bit of green and black with the touch of purple in her hair adds enough of the Halloween look I think. Her dress is paper pieced and I did add some orange shading to it to help give it some dimension as well. All in all, a fairly simple and pretty little card for my 'pretties'.

Alrighty then, be sure to drop by tomorrow when I'll be shining the spotlight on November's SN Guest Gal and there will be lots of fun previews of new stamps coming after that! See ya then! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- MOD (floral), Basic Grey (orange solid), Authentique (gingham), Rusty Pickle (green)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence Little Witch and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Martha Stewart black
Prima flower
Basic Grey rub on flourish
glitter brad
Kaiser Craft pearls
Fiskars border punch
EK Success silver pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- BV01, BV02, BV08
clothes- N5, N7, N9, YG95, YG97, YG99, E40, 0, YR12, YR16, YR18, 0
broom- E31, E34, E35, Y21, Y26, YR24

22 comments:

Renkata said...

Very cute card, the papers are amazing Amy.

Crafty Loops said...

She so cute Amy, I love this card. Lee x

MagsB said...

What a cutie! I love the papers, that's a lovely colour combo!

luv, Mags x

Kimberly S said...

Awww...such an adorable card! Congrats on your fun DP find too! :) hugs, Kimberly

Allison said...

Cute cards lately, I loved your tutorial on the denim- just saw your link to it yesterday. So clever!

Creations by Shirl said...

She's a cute lil witch, love her purple hair and paper pieced dress...
Have a great weekend Amy!

Sudha said...

Cute creation Amy.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Nancy Thomas said...

So very cute Amy - love your paper combo. And I had to LOL when I opened this up - we have the same paper tastes - I have that Mod orange floral too!

Hlora said...

Hello! Her purple hair are so great! Love this image!

SuiLan said...

I love the paper piece and the inking you did on it! Cute card! Have a fun weekend Amy!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, that is sooo darn cute.

Liliya said...

I would recognize your card, Amy, out of 1000 other cards!! So radiant and full of colour!! Marvellous work!!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so cute! I love that you made it with just regular papers and not Halloween in sight. lol... Sounds like you had a great time shopping. How fun to come across some DP that you didn't know about. I am so happy for you. I can not wait to see how you use it. Hope you are having a great weekend so far. Hugs, Lisa

Sara I. said...

So super duper cute! Love the dp and her paper pieced dress! xx

Chelsea said...

Love the colors!

Heidi Brawley said...

omg this is sooooo adorable!!!
love it!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

RiNNE said...

It's so wonderful to find some goodies on sale, especially ones you really really wanted!! (ever come across something on sale and you bought it just because it was marked down? ;)). Can't wait to see these papers! And wow, you know a lot about papers!!!!

Your card looks amazing! It doesn't look like you just threw a bunch of DP together to make a final product. Her dress looks phenomenal- love the checks and shading!

Dangina Martinez said...

Fantastic card! That flower compliment the image beautifully!Tons of hugs, Dangina

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute! She is the cutest little witch with her orange checked paper pieced dress! I like how you used non-Halloween papers for this! It's so sweet!

Leanne said...

Awe, she's so cute! Love her outfit! The touches of the other colors just gives it just enough of a Halloween feel, and that sentiment doesn't hurt either. Gr8 card Amy.
How cool that you scored on those paper pads. Can't wait to see them in action!
Yay! Can't wait to see who the guest gal is and the new release.
Have a wonderful Sunday and stay warm. ;)

Unknown said...

Awww how pretty, this is so cute, love the colours and her gingham patterned dress xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning card sweetie...love the colours & your image is fab!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma