Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You are my sunshine

Hola!
Is the sun shining where you are today? Summer has definitely arrived in my neck of the woods and by the look of things it is shining bright over Sweet November Land too! ;)

The Wednesday challenge at ATS this week is one of my favorites... a color challenge! We want to see you use aqua, yellow and lime green on your card or creation. This color combo just screams summer to me so it was a no brainer inking up one of the new merbabies again. I went with Splash and this time I paired her up with Otto, the otter. The look on his face is like he just realized that he has inadvertently wandered into the clam shell nursery and he's about to endure a big squeeze of a hug from Splash yet he knows he can't escape it, LOL! Considering those merbabies don't get to see many fuzzy, furry critters I suspect that Otto will be kept very busy by all those little tots wanting their turn to pet and play with him . And while he may grumble a bit he's still a good sport and really doesn't mind bringing a little extra sunshine to their day. ;)

Ok, so I know you want to play along right? Of course you do, because every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win just be sure that your project includes a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

XOXO! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- BoBunny (Barefoot Bliss)
stamps- Sweet November (Splash and Otto), Stampendous (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft epoxy dots
ribbon
Sakura clear glaze pen and Stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
everything else- YG0000, YG00, YG21, YG23, YG03, BG15, BG07, BG09, Y15, Y17
otto- E30, E31, E34, E35, 0

25 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Oh that otter is so cute! Just love it... I didn't know your blog at the time that one was released...

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I SOOOOO LOVE THIS CARD!!! IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
HUGS,
HEIDI BRAWLEY

Tasha said...

Amy this is gorgeous. The way you have done the sun is so awesome and creative, love the dp too
love tasha xx

♥Rach♥ said...

Cant' even pick my favorite part! Love how you used the baby and the otter together, you're a genius! The sun is so cool and I love the "waves", you have the best paper ;0)

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! Love how you have used ribbon to create your sun!! gorgeous!! HUgs Juls

Nancy Thomas said...

Love this Amy - Otto is the perfect creature for a baby mermaid. I really like the way you created the sun too. A real treat for the eyes.

Zarah said...

You're forever my mostest idol!

Fun thing: My mojo is gone on vacation and my sister's has been a while, untile she visited me and saw that neat purple kit you made for me. She swooned, so I said she could brrow it as long as I get back what she soesn't use. She made cards the entire evening.
Sooo: THANK YOU again, this time from both me & my sister!

Unknown said...

awww this is gorgeous, love the colours and beautiful paper xxx

RiNNE said...

What a fun card!! That paper is so cool with the swirls and the awesome ribbon sun rays, this card just makes me happy!!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is mighty cute, Amy!! Love love love all of your merbabies, and I love the ribbon sun rays... so clever of you! You are amazing, my friend! Hugs!!

donna mikasa said...

So adorable! That otter melts my heart....

Rhonda Miller said...

How cute.

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

what a sweety! Love it!

Leanne said...

o this is absolutely adorable!! Love teh colors, and that paper is awesome.. These merbabies are adorable and I can't wait to get mine!! Gorgeous sun Amy! Wonderful idea.
I'm so happy that Summer is here for you, today it's gloomy in sunny Calif.. go figure.. hahaha. Hugs

kris said...

Beautiful sunny, summery card Amy!! i love the colors and the color combo is fabulous!! =D

Lau W said...

Wow ! I love love love this card, so sweet !
xxx

Danni said...

Super cute and sweet but I really smiled reading about Otto and Splash!

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card! Love the ribbon sun!

Islander Girl said...

This is just sooo adorable!!! Love it!

1LuvnMama said...

OH luv the summery colors and your underwater scenery with Splash and Otto. I wish I could say we're having a sunny kind of weather here in Hawaii, but no, the rain comes and goes with thunder and lightning. It sure doesn't stop my family from having fun! :)

Marília Lopes said...

Amy how fun is that...i love...love this colors!!!Amazing card!!
Hugs

Marília Lopes said...

Amy how fun is that...i love...love this colors!!!Amazing card!!
Hugs

Leah l'Orange said...

oh my goomie - LOVE! this is SO stinkin' cute! your sun is fantastic, i love the stamps (natch!), and i thought *I* had the perfect paper with my Goldie card - yours does trump mine, definitely! PERFECTION!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so sweet. I love you you have colored your little Otto. He is just so adorable. I love, love the papers that yu have used and the ribbon for the sun's rays is just awesome. I hope that you got your sunny day today. We had rain once again, but it was still warm. Have a good evening. Hugs, Lisa

Larisa said...

Love it so much!!! very beautiful image Amy!!