Monday, June 20, 2011

Treat Yourself

Monday, Monday... at least it looks to be a beautiful day full of sunshine which is a definite plus! In fact our forecast is looking like this will be our first week of possibly getting into the 90s. Once that happens I can't help but feel like summer has arrived... guess that means I should go dig out my swimsuit and make some time to hit the lake for a cool down. :)

I've got another simple card to share today and I made it completely out of things cluttering up my desk. This always means that it is high time for me to clean it off but that will just have to wait a bit longer. In the meantime, this becomes a fun personal challenge to use more stuff up and have less to put away later. I've noticed that I tend to rely on stickers quite a bit when whipping up a quickie, and there are plenty on this card too so it must be true. ;)
Looking at it now on the computer screen, the green photo corner stickers don't look like they coordinate at all but in real life I swear they look much better, LOL!
Anywho... I had gotten this new Little Heart Gorjuss Girl clear stamp from Sugar Nellie, because I have wanted a short haired GG forevah. But to be honest I wasn't crazy about the placement of her eyes... they looked too high up on her head for my taste. So I altered her a bit by wiping away the original eyes and tracing on new, lower ones with the light box. I was going to leave it at that but when I started coloring up her dress the color combo I was experimenting with was a total disaster and I ended up wiping the hearts off the skirt and stamping again... though I did a head swap so that I wouldn't have to color the entire image all up again. I was running out of time at this point and it saved time doing that and just coloring a simple white skirt.From no on I'll be sure to save the trying out of new color combos for when I have more time! LOL! :)

Well, that's all I've got for today... love ya later!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (polka dot), Basic Grey (green)
stamps- Santoro (Little Heart Gorjuss Girl), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chalk ink
Jolees strawberry epoxy stickers
Doodlebug paper trim and stickers
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55, 0
clothes- E40, E41, 0, R24, R27, R29, E18, RV21, RV23, RV25, YG21, YG23, YG03

20 comments:

Mette said...

This is a super card Amy. Love the lau-out and details and looks like your little mishap turned out just fab. She looks lovely :).

Hugs, Mette

PS: Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog

Juls said...

awhhhh, just adorable!!! Loving all the dots!!! Hugs Juls

Maria Therese said...

So beautiful sweetie!!

Lau W said...

She's so lovely, love papers and colors too !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

I didn't know there were short haired GG's! She's super cute - such funa and happy colors.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I didn't know there were any short haired girls either! She's adorable! Very cute card :)
Enjoy your summery day!
hugs, margie

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I don't know what she looked like before, but I think is totally adorable now! I love her little dress. It reminds me of one I had when I was 3 and then Madison wore when she was 3 or 4. lol... I am a sentimental fool, I know! :O) Anyway, I love the corners with this and your stickers are stinking cute. Have a sunshiny day. Hugs, Lisa

Tasha said...

Oh my i might just have to treat myself to these images! Love th slight alterations you have made...beautiful colours too!
love tasha xx

~* steph :) *~ said...

so adorable, amy! love the sweet colors and berries! super sweet and pretty card. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

Super sweet card! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Isn't she a sweetie! jo x

Rhonda Miller said...

How cute. TFS.

kris said...

so sweet!!! perfect summer card... i admit though, this delicious card is making me want some strawberries.... =D

Julie said...

Beautiful card - love your cosmetic surgery!! Hugs, Juliexx

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOO cute and Blonde!!! Love this Amy....!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So sweet! She looks so adorable and I love the bright, cheerful colours.

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

I agree, your rendition of the lower placement of the eyes are much better looking. So now I have to go and buy them ALL! LOL

donna mikasa said...

Such an adorable GG! I love the contrast of her white dress against all that color! Super cuteness!

RiNNE said...

Lovely coloring! I know what you mean by experimenting when you have more time though!! LOL! I just did the today and wasted more time trying to cover my mistake!! The short-haired GG is super adorable! And I think the green corners add a nice contrast :). Hope you stay cool!

Leanne said...

Another cute one!!! I think this GG is adorbale, love that you left the bottom of her dress white. This whole card is adorable Amy!