Monday, June 13, 2011

So sweet of you

Morning friends!

I've got a quick post today as I'm busy, busy, busy with all sorts of different things... some work, some fun... you know how it goes. ;)

So the Farm Fresh Friday challenge over at TGF is "Body Snatchers", sounds ominous doesn't it? LOL! Actually it is a fun altering challenge to swap heads between different TGF stamps, giving them a whole new look. How in the world could I pass this one up? I LOVE playing around with the TGF stamps and giving them new personalities. They really do have the versatility of paper dolls that way, which is so much fun. :)
For my card I took Dressy Miss Anya's body and replaced her head with Love Miss Anya's beautiful bright eyed face. It was such a simple swap but I love that this is an easy way to give my new Miss Anya open eyes without having to wipe away ink and trace in new eyes using the light box. And doesn't she look right at home perched on that sentiment strip... such a cutie!

Alrighty, time for me to jet. I hope your week is off to a great start! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girls' Paperie (Vintage Whimsy)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya Love and Miss Anya Dressy), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
American Crafts ribbon rose
Slice die cut flourish
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
clothes- BG10, BG11, BG53, YG03, YG17, YG67, E40, E41, 0, RV10, RV11, RV32, RV34

26 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Hey I thought the title was funny, lol! This is BEAUTIFUL! Love the soft, soft color palette and the flower and of course your altering choices are perfect as always.

Juls said...

gorgeous so soft and pretty!! I love how you have attached all the circles together and The big rose is just fabulous!! HUgs jUls

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This is very adorable. You rocked this challenge!!! TFS!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Юлика said...

So sweet girl. and so beautiful card. Amy, you are great

Yani said...

This looks so pretty and delicate... loved the soft colors. Great job!!

Hlora said...

She is really sweet! Very gentle card!

Brenda said...

Super sweet card. Love the softness of your card. Great design!

Nancy Thomas said...

What a pretty card Amy - such sweet colors to go with your altered image. Love this.

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one pretty card ! lovely done
greetings, martina
x

RiNNE said...

Lovin your version of a CAS card -- still so very pretty & full of details! And I think you were the first I've seen to alter stamps so it's no surprise that you'd rock this challenge! Great job!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Thanks for the heads up yesterday. I was going crazy. lol...Your card is so adorable. I just knew that you would be making something wonderful this week. I love her and I love your flower from the trim that you used. It so looks like it has a green stem from the paper. Have a great Monday. Hugs, Lisa

Chelsea said...

Cute image!

donna mikasa said...

Great altering as always! I thought of you when I saw the challenge--more like "head swapping", huh? Actually, I do have some heads lying around....maybe a good chance to jump into the challenge! Have a great week, Amy!

Jenny said...

You are the master of altering! I love this layout too!

Mimi said...

Fantastic altering Amy! The soft colors are so pretty and Miss Anya looks super sweet in her new outfit! Have a great day! ;)

Crafty Jenn said...

I absolutely love this Amy! Such a simple layout that it really makes Miss Anya shine.

<3 Jenn

kris said...

Amy this is beautiful!!! i love the soft colors and great layout! had to do a double take because the body snatching really matches... =D

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card. I love that big rose. TFS.

Danni said...

Love the layout with the circles! One gorgeous card, so soft and delicate!

1LuvnMama said...

Perfect Amy! Then again, everything you do is perfecto! ;) You've just created a new girly for Marie! She's absolutely gorgeous on her sentiment strip!

Shirley N said...

So very pretty--papers, colors, flower and your sweet image. Love it Amy!

Leanne said...

Brilliant Amy!! I love this combo!! She's adorable and lovely with her open eyes. I love the circles in the bg and your rose with the flourish is beautiful. Terrific card! Hope you're enjoying the start of your week. Hugs,

Joy said...

love your take on the "body snatchers" challenge! you chose the perfect head for that body. she looks so cute! I may have to try that one. love your simple circles for the background and the rose is wonderful. have a good week!

Loz said...

OMG Amy! this is so simple and gorgeous!! I love it !♥

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo, i love your card, amy! so super sweet and pretty!!! love how you connected the circles. beautiful patterned papers, love your sweet image and flower. thanks for sharing and hope you have a fabulous week! *hugs* steph :)

Tasha said...

ACK this is so gorgeous! FANTASTIC altering Amy, i love the colours too
love tasha xx