Monday, June 27, 2011

A lovely TCM preview...

Hiya friends!

Can I just tell ya that I'm tickled to have been asked by Lisa to be a Friend of The Craft's Meow for July?! Oh yea, I'm totally excited to join Lisa and her fab team this month and we are kicking off previews of the four fantastic new stamp sets that will be released July 1st at The Craft's Meow! Today we are showcasing Lovely Birds, a super "tweet" stamp set designed by Nina B Designs for The Craft's Meow.
This set of clear stamps has a lot of cute little birdie type images that you can easily mix and match to create different scenes as well as a couple coordinating sentiments to go along with them. For my first time inking them up I chose to use the branch and bird feeder along with a couple of the little birds. From the get-go I knew that I was going to color the bird feeder red just because it looked like the old plastic ones I remember hanging in my Grandma's trees. And while we don't have blue birds here (at least I've never seen one around), I thought they would be a nice contrast and fun to color. This turned out to be a pretty flat card for me... everything except the little bird on the feeder is stamped on a single piece of cardstock. So there wasn't much cutting and popping which was a nice little change of pace for me. :)

Now what would new release festivities be without chances to win prizes? Yep, Lisa will draw THREE of you to win Lovely Birds... one from each of three of the design team and friends blogs. For a complete list of who's got sneak peeks just check out the TCM blog. You'll have until 10:00 pm Pacific tonight to make the rounds and leave comments. We'll announce the winners in tomorrow's post.

Enjoy and good luck!

Supply list:
cardstock- Jillibean Soup kraft, PTI and Copic X-Press It
paper- Fancy Pants (yellow gingham), The Girls' Paperie floral and text), BoBunny (red dot)
stamps- The Craft's Meow (Lovely Birds set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown and Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress
Divine Twine
Copic markers:
birds- B21, B24, B26, R11, R21, Y38
everything else- E55 E57, E59, YG01, YG03, G21, G24, R05, R08 E19, Y23, Y26, BG000, 0

50 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Amy! Love how the little scene you created with this wonderful set! Your paper choice is perfect and love the cloud! A huge congrats to you, Amy!

Ujjwal said...

this is so amazing! I love the cloud background, the fabulous coloring, the teared edge and almost everything else! Whats not to love in the card! great job!

Anne B. said...

So cute! The cloud background looks great.

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

fabulous!! so bright and refreshing.cloud background and the birdies looks so cute.

Helen L said...

Love your card, and you really have colored the blue birds the right colors: they look so sweet!

Marley said...

Oh wow! Awesome card Amy! hugs Marley

Kary said...

Love the clouds behind the branch, and the birds are totally cute!! A beautiful card, Amy!! Great job!

Shirley N said...

Oh what a beautiful scene, Amy! I love the clouds and the oh so tweet image!

Cammie said...

I love the papers you have chosen and those little blue birds are so sweet!

Miesje said...

The paper is perfect and your coloring is wonderful! I just love that bird!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a happy card! so bright and cheerful! :)

RiNNE said...

Absolutely bright and cheery...love the scene you created, Amy! Awesome coloring and those papers are perfect!!! So sweet and darling!

Tasha said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love this layout it really show cases the image. Fabulous cloud backgroud too! The papers are perfect for this image - beautiful colours
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

Amy, your card is STUNNING!!!! LOVE those clouds - it's such a bright cheerful scene you've created! LOVE it all!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh this is so sweet I love this stamp set already!!!!

Lin said...

I LOVE this card! What a great teaming of those sweet images with the girls' paperie papers! I'd adore a set of these new stamps!

Lagene said...

@hat a cute stamp, love your card with the vintage gingham!

NoraAnne said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love the background clouds you created and the paper is dreamy! This set looks like a must have!

Leanne said...

Wow Amy! This is beautiful! Congrats, Lisa knows how to pick em'. Looking fwd to more!! Have a gr8 day! Hugs,

SannaS said...

oh WOW!!! beautiful card!! so peaceful!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Heather said...

Gorgeousness, loving that sky background and those birds cute little tummies :)

Emily Keaton said...

Your lovely birds are just adorable!! Great sky, and I love your paper choices. :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Amy! such a great image and I love your colors!

ChickieChirps said...

Just beautiful Amy! I love the wee scene you have created and the papers are fabulous!

Arabella

Sharri said...

Beautiful card Amy! I love the scene you created and the clouds in the background finish it off perfectly!

Helen L said...

I love how you made the clouds in the sky and placed the branch and the birds: such a pretty scene, and I REALLY love that it is all on a single piece of paper (except for the one bird). I love the papers you used too. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. I love the papers you used and the background clouds you created.

donna mikasa said...

Love Nina's designs--these stamps are adorable! Your card is so cheery and makes me smile big!! Love it!

Evelene S said...

That is on tweet card. I love the birds so cute and the gingham background.

esterling9 at aol dot com

farmhouse-story said...

such a cute scene, amy! so glad you joined us:)

Tanya said...

Oh this is darling! Love the gingham, and the clouds are beautiful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This card is just so sweet! Love the images and sentiments shown so far.

Unknown said...

What a lovely set! Your coloring is awesome, and the PP your used to create this card compliments the set so nicely! TFS ;D

Romaine said...

I love how you colored the birds!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I'm in love with your mix of patterns!

Chelsea said...

Love this. Litlle birds are soooo sweet!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love the way you created the scene over the sponged cloudy sky! Brilliant! And of course that bird feeder needs to be red! ;) Love the bluebirds, too. They are, after all, the bluebirds of happiness.

Hugs,
Lisa

Valerie said...

I really like your clouds and the blue birds, looks like it would be fun to color.

Loz said...

this is gorgeous, I love the clouds ♥

Betty Neville said...

What a beautiful scene you've created! Love this!

Ashley Newell said...

Beautiful papers! I love the colors too!

Anita Rex said...

Oh goodness this is the CUTEST! Beyond sweet! Love how you did the clouds in the background!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so adorable, Amy! Love your gorgeous coloring and design! Hugs!!

Robin said...

What a gorgeous card... love the colours and the clouds are fab... will defo have to watch that video!
Robin

~amy~ said...

Oh my wonderful......this is spectacular!

gobeagirl said...

Hi again. I just realized that I never got the chance to tell you yesterday how AWESOME I think this card is. I have to say that your birdseed in the feeder looks soooo real. I really love this card and I can see why Lisa would want you to help debute her stamps. :O) Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Maylee said...

Wowzer!! what a sweeet card!

Ren-Yi said...

I love love your cloud sky. The perfect background to showcase the beautiful birds.

Juls said...

love this!!!! such gorgeous images!!! and I just ADORE the layout and fabby mix of papers!!! gorgeous work!!! Hugs Juls

Christiana said...

This is just darling, Amy! And I love how you tore off the end of your little scene. It really gives the effect of the sky fading out and continuing because there's no harsh line. Brilliant move.