Sunday, June 26, 2011

Little Firecracker

Mornin' friends!
I can't believe how fast this month is going by! I know that usually by now I am starting up Sweet November previews but I just wanted to let y'all know that Sweet November and CC Designs are taking a month off. No worries though, it's only because we are getting ready for a very special Summer CHA release that we will be debuting at the end of July and I am SO excited to share the new images that I've been working on! Soon enough it will be here... I promise. :)

So, like I said... time is flying and next weekend is the big 4th of July weekend here in the States. It is always a fun time to celebrate, there are picnics, swimming, fireworks displays and plenty of good times to be had! I just had to make a card in honor of the holiday and I went with this new Firecracker Pure Innocence girl for my main image. I really liked the idea of this stamp but I wasn't quite sold on the big dress she was wearing so I wiped away the skirt and drew in a pair of denim shorts for her to wear instead. I guess it's because all of my childhood 4th of July memories consist of shorts and a t-shirt on a hot evening, running around my grandparents yard with all my cousins, brothers and sisters waving around sparklers and lighting off our own firework display. Boy did Grandma's grass take a beating that night, LOL! But I promise that there were no dresses in sight... thus the alteration.Then I just relied on some good ol' Doodlebug paper and goodies to quickly pull this card together. :)


And look who had to come and make himself comfy on my lightbox while I was trying to take pics of my card. Good ol' Oreo posing for the camera... such a crazy kitty he has turned out to be but I loves him. :)
Ok, I'm a working girl again today so I'll see ya later with something fun and kinda different for me!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/stickers- Doodlebug
stamps- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence My Little Firecracker and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox warm red
The Twinery twine
brads
Kaiser Craft rub on stitches
Ranger Stickles
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- YR30, YR20, Y21, Y26, E35
clothes- B32, B34, B37, B39, R24, R29, E19, C5, C7, C9, E40, 0, BG000

15 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love her"

RiNNE said...

That is one amazing fourth of July card! I love that patterned paper! Really cute and patriotic creation, Amy! Oreo is so cute too! And I see a peek of your craft room...I'd love to see more :).

Nancy Thomas said...

Ahhhhhh...love your alteration of the P.I. - perfect for a 4th of July celebration. I love it. Pretty kitty too and framed in the background with some fabulous Copics!

Allison Rankin said...

So cute and fun! I love her shorts! Great layout...off to add it here: http://sharethemojo.blogspot.com/

Hlora said...

Very nice card! But your cat is the best!!

Tasha said...

Amy your card is a firecracker...its so awesome! Love how you colour denim shorts...they look so real! Great paper and layout
love tasha xx

gobeagirl said...

lol....I am glad to see that Oreo joined you today. He is just a beautiful cat with those wonderful white whiskers and even the one's above his eyes. WOW. Love cats with their own look and personality. Great pic! As for your card I love it. I think you did the right thing with the shorts, and it I didn't know that she was wearing a dress I would think that was how the stamp was made. I also got my email from the cats meow and I have to say congrats. Can't wait to see what you do with their stamps. Hope you have a sunny good Sunday my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love the shorts! That's fabulous

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card! And what a sweet kitty, Jo x

Saskia said...

Lovely card! :)

And a cute cat!

Leanne said...

Woo hoo!! Love the alteration. I can relate to shorts and tshirts in the summer, especially during 4th of July. Love ur card Amy, so much fun and brings back tons of memories. hehehe Oreo is a cutie. Haven't seen him in a while so glad to know he's still wanting to be in the spotlight. Wish you were going to CHA, I'm going to make sure that I get over to the booth to drool. hehehe. Hugs!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute patriotic card, Amy! Giving her shorts was a great idea--always love your altering! And Oreo is one cool cat!

Unknown said...

This is way cute! I think I already told you you are queen of alteration! LOL

Lisa Hjulberg said...

A perfect 4th of July card... and good memories! And I love your kitty! ;)

Juls said...

just fab! Hugs Juls