Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Life is a Carnival!

Howdy!

Welcome back to day two of the July sneak peeks at the The Craft's Meow! Once again I am joining the fun with Lisa and her team as a Friend of TCM. :)
There are four fantastic new stamp sets that will be released on July 1st at The Craft's Meow and t
oday we are showcasing Life is a Carnival. This set is sure to take you for a ride with all of it's whimsical carnival inspired images and sentiments!

I have so enjoyed working with each of the new sets but I gotta tell ya... this one is my absolute fave of the bunch! As soon as I opened up my package from Lisa and saw this Carnival set the ideas just kept coming and I can't wait to get them all out of my head and onto some cards. :)
For my card today I chose to use the super cute cotton candy stand and I colored it up with Copic markers. Then I grabbed a cotton ball and tore off a few bits off fluff, spritzed them with my little hand squeeze air brush that I got from QVC yeeeears ago... one pink and one blue. Both classic cotton candy flavors if ya ask me... ;)
Once they were dry, I simply glued the colored fluff onto the cones of the stamped image to give it some fun dimension and texture. And I didn't stop there, I also took an extra strand of pink that I had left over and glued it to the top of the little heated pan that they spin the sugar in. Tsk, tsk Mr. Cotton Candy vendor... he really should clean his equipment better, LOL!

I also used my Distress Inks to create the cloudy sky background again and since I have been getting asked quite often how I create that look, I've now got a quick video on YouTube that you can check out and see just how easy it is to do. Hope you enjoy it!


Now what would new release festivities be without chances to win prizes? Yep, Lisa will draw THREE of you to win Life is a Carnival... one from each of three of the design team and friends blogs. For a complete list of who's got sneak peeks just check out the TCM blog. You'll have until 10:00 pm Pacific tonight to make the rounds and leave comments and Lisa will announce the winners in tomorrow's post!

Later gators. :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- The Girls' Paperie (Jubilee)
stamps- The Craft's Meow (Life is a Carnival set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown and Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress
Kaiser Craft pearls
cotton ball
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
C00, C0, C1, RV11, RV32, RV34, Y11, Y15, Y17, E30, E31, B00, B01, RV00, RV10, E41, E42, E43

58 comments:

Saskia said...

Great, happy card! :)

Robin said...

Really love the way you used the papers and how clever is that cotton candy... wow!!
Robin

Ujjwal said...

Such a wonderful use of patterns! love the fabulously colored cotton candy stand against the cloud background!

Elin Larsson said...

This card gives the real feeling of candy and fun! Great job!

1LuvnMama said...

You clever girl! Luv the airbrushed cottonball for the cotton candy! :) So much fun, I could just eat it right off the computer screen! :) Great job here Amy!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card and your colors captured the essence of cotton candy and how the carnival comes alive!

Kary said...

Oh my, Amy, your card is so Adorable!! Love it!! The patterned papers are beautiful, and I love the clouds background and the cotton candies. Gorgeous!!

farmhouse-story said...

such a pretty card, amy! love how you colored the image!

Lau W said...

HMmm cotton candy !! Superb card, so fun !
xxx

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

such a sweet card.love the way you used the patterned papers and specially the fluffy cotton candy.love the set.

Chelsea said...

Yum! I love this!

Miesje said...

I love this. Such a perfect layout for thee images. Love the cloud background, am going to watch the video.

Isha Gupta said...

Fun and Happy. Love all the details of your card.

Nancy Thomas said...

Very clever to create your own cotton candy - love your paper choices too.

~amy~ said...

genius with the cotton candy!!! You rock the colors and patterns...

Joanne G said...

So Cute! I love this set already!Pink is my Fav. color!

Renee V said...

That is such a cool idea (cotton balls)!! And I've wondered about the sky too - can't wait to watch the video, thanks so much!!!

Sue D said...

Great card--I like how you made the cotton candy.

Amy Kolling said...

Oh wow! This is fantastic! Thank you sooo much for doing that tutorial on the clouds! I have the perfect card to go try that with today! eeekkk!

Nan G said...

an adorable card! love love the cotton candy! a favorite of mine in my younger days. lol

Carol W. said...

Beautiful card, love the cloud tutorial, TFS

Carol W. said...

Beautiful card, love the cloud tutorial, TFS

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so adorable! I love your clouds and how they make your card look so sweet. I hope that you are having a great week. I hurt my finger yesterday, so typing is slow. lol. I didn't even get a card made. :O( Can you believe that? lol Hugs, Lisa

Dotty Jo said...

Love the way you've put the papers together Amy and that candy floss/cotton candy is wonderful! Love it, Jo x

Rhonda Miller said...

Soo cute.

purplestamper316 said...

what a fun card! and a great use of scraps :) thanks for the cotton candy idea! a *sweet* card indeedeedoo!

Lagene said...

Totally CUTE! Love the variety of BG papers and your colors & cool clouds!

Anne B. said...

Just the right colors for this stamp. Fun details!

{VICKI} said...

Ca't think of anything more fun than a carnival

Unknown said...

This is such a wonderful card. I love all the DP you used. Your focal image is just wonderful. I love all the details you added to this. Great use of the stamp set, it's just too cute.

Gina Lideros said...

Wow, love what you did with this card Amy. The cotton candy looks scrumptious :)

Chunyuan said...

You created such a fun and cute card. Love the cotton candy.

♥Rach♥ said...

This is so fun and cute and different (for you)! Love the happy and light colors and the cotton candy looks just yummy ;0)

Anne Tussing said...

What a phenomenal card! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cotton candy:)

*Alison* said...

adorable.. I LOVE the colors you used, the cotton candy looks amazing.. your card is just simply stunning.. off to the next blog..HUGS

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely delightful! What a creative touch to have lil cotton candy - gorgeous! Love the soft hues to this, everything matches so beautifully - TFS!

Tanya said...

I love this! And how cute is that cotton candy, so clever! I had to bring up a close up to really check it out, love this idea!

Heather said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the colour scheme :)

Jessica said...

This card is toooo stinkin' cute!! I love the idea of using cotton - so clever of you!! TFS!!

Helen L said...

Cute card! I love your pieced background and the COTTON candy: so clever!!

Lillian Child said...

Your cotton candy looks good enough to eat! Fabulous creativity!!!

kris said...

mmmm, my favorite treat at the fair! nothing like a good sugar rush and this sweetness is fulfilling just that!! Love it!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO fun! love your spun cotton candy!!

RiNNE said...

Amy, you amaze me! I just love how things start clicking in your head when you've got ideas inspiring you!! I get those too but not nearly as often, hehe! Absolutely fabulous! The cotton candies are genius!! I LOVE them!! Pretty card!

P.S. I just got some Copics & I hope you don't mind but your color combos inspired which new ones I ordered! Thanks!

fairie said...

Oh Amy, I love the soft colors and the cottan candy, hehehe so stinkin' cute :)

Scrapcollectr said...

Oh my, you had me at the cotton candy! Great memories.... beautiful quilted paper look...
*smile*

Kendra said...

This cotton candy looks good enough to eat! Such a cute card!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

MMMM....I love cotton candy!

Ren-Yi said...

I love love the cotton candy truck. Is that little fuzz - amazing :) And the paper is fun & cheery. Such a great design!

Emily Keaton said...

How fun! Love the cotton candy stand. :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Your cotton candy is soooo clever!

papertrails leaver said...

Oh yummy cotton candy and love how you did yours for this! Looks so real! What a sweet card! :-)

Evelene S said...

Such a sweet adorable card and I love the use of cotton balls colored to make cotton candy.

esterling9 at aol dot com

donna mikasa said...

Cotton candy cuteness! Such a fun card, Amy! And your cloud backgrounds are always awesome! Off to YouTube! Thanks so much for sharing!

Kellie said...

WOW this is gorgeous and as always your use of colours is amazing!

Hugs Kellie

Juls said...

this is fabby!!! Love how you have pieced all your background DP's together! Hugs Juls

Leanne said...

Love your kaleidoscope of pretty papers and the coloring on that cart is wonderful. Especially the clouds in the bg. And your ingenious use of the cotton to make th cotton candy!! I love it!! A very very fun card Amy!!

Tasha said...

Stunning card hun! Love the fab use of paper - all those colours are gorgoeus. Super cute image too - love how you created the candy floss!
love tasha xx