Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let's go fly a kite...

Hey friends!

Is it too late to chat a bit about the Glee finale? I was so wrapped up in stamp previews that I just didn't get a chance to Gleek out about it before now, LOL! ;)
I thought it was a wonderful way to wrap up the season and even though I suspected that the New Directions kids wouldn't be winning Nationals this year (they've got to have a big goal for next season) I loved all of the new songs that they sang and the story lines where so great. I was relieved that Quinn didn't do anything to sabotage the performance, the Kurt/Rachel Wicked duet was killer and I totally went 'Awwwww' when Mercedes and Sam held hands at the end... so sweet! Now the only bummer thing is having to wait four months before we get to see where everything goes from here. I'm secretly hoping that Sunshine leaves Vocal Adrenaline because I would really love to hear more songs from her.

Ok, ok... I will now return you to the regularly scheduled programming... LOL! :)

This is a little 'just for fun' card that I whipped up because I had some left over cloud paper scraps and I thought it was high time (snicker, snicker) that I ink up Twirl Anya. This short haired cutie was looking like she was ready for some outdoors fun so I decided to take her kite flying. I made all the kites by hand, simply by cutting up some Girl's Paperie scraps and adding twine for the tails. Then I cut the whirligig from Anya's hand and replaced it with her very own high flying kite. She better hold on tight as I would hate to see her lose her grip and have to go chasing after it! ;)

Well, it's time for me to go get ready for work once again... keep cool everybody! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- The Girls Paperie (Jubilee), We R Memorykeepers (clouds)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Twirl Anya), Studio G (mini alphas)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Fiskars border punch
Divine Twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- Y38, YR14, YR04, YR18, E18
clothes- G000, G00, G40, G12, R000, R11, R21, Y11, Y21, Y35, E55, E57

26 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!! This card is very adorable. love it too! TFS!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Crafty Lynz said...

this card is fab. love the colour of her hair! x

Maria Therese said...

Awesome coloring!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Love the soft color palette and her hair is totally stunning! Love it Amy :0)

Larisa said...

oh, so wonderful card! very nice kites!!!

Saskia said...

Lovely card Amy! :)

Nancy Thomas said...

I love all the kites. They convey such a carefree feeling. Gorgeous hair on that little cutie.

Leanne said...

Ahhhhh!!! This is wonderful Amy! I love her hair and those kites are fantastik! Terrific alteration, definitely a FUN card!
I was a little sad the ND didn't even make the top 10, I mean did that "kiss" really make such a big impact on their awesome performance? I agree on Curt's & Rachel's Wicked performance... Awesome! There are so many hopes for next season, I agree hopefully Sunshine will come back to McKinley High, she's so talented, who am I kidding they all are. Sam & Mercedes = love it! She finally got her wish! Hehe... until next time! TFS!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is just too cute! You did a fantastic job on her hair. I tell you just keep getting better and better and that's for a person that was already so talented. lol..WOW! I too hope that Sunshine head over to New Directions, but Madison just does not like her even though she sings along when she is preforming. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

She's adorable! I love how you made the kites with their tails full of bows! Super cute card :)
Enjoy your day!
margie

Sonja said...

Lovely card ! And her hair is so special coloured in ... I love it ;)

greetz from Belgium,
Sonja
http://scrapadoe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I always wanted to make a kite card...thanks for the inspiration...I will try it out soon!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, what fun she is having. I just love your card. TFS.

donna mikasa said...

Love your altering as always! What a fun idea to make her hold onto kite strings--perfect papers, too!

My daughter and her BF got to see Glee live last weekend in San Diego! It was their birthday present to each other. She said it was an AWESOME show and she screamed a LOT! I thought of you....

Shaela said...

this is so cute! Love your handmade kites, they're perfect! :)

RiNNE said...

This is so gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE her hair, Amy!!!!!! Your coloring is amazing!! I didn't think about getting her before but now I gotta have her!!

I luv the Wicked duet too and some of the songs they sang but for some reason, Glee is starting to lose some of its original luster for me :(. (pls don't kill me :)). Don't get me Wrong -- I'll always be a Gleek!!! ;)

Shirley N said...

A beautiful scene, makes me want to go outside and fly a kite too! Cute cute cute!!!

Tasha said...

Amy ths is super cute! Great use of this image - those kitesare fab. Love the colours you went for too
love tasha xx

kris said...

one word... FABULOSITY!! doesn't it feel great to use scraps?! Twirl Anya is adorable with all her kite flying... maybe she can give my kids some lessons... hehe!

Danni said...

Super cute! Love your kites--just perfect. I still can't get use to Twirl Anya's short hair...but seeing yours is making it grow on me a bit..hehe!! Fabulous card!

Chelsea said...

Love your glee reviews and these kites!

Unknown said...

I simply adore the way you color her hair! Totally amazing! Wish I know how to color like this! Sweet card!

Sudha said...

So cute. Luv the kites.

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! Love the paper kites!! Hugs Juls

Milla said...

Wow, Amy, the way you've coloured her hair is just amazing!! Stunning!

Stamping Cafe said...

Yep...got to love those Glee Kids, they are so super talented! I wish I could go see their live performance!!

Love your super cheery card, Amy!! The colors, coloring and the kites with twines are totally fabulous!