Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello

Hidee ho!

Boy did I get a ton of stuff done yesterday. I did a big clean sweep of the living room and now I'm getting ready to make a trip down to the 'big city' to buy a new love seat. Hopefully I can find something that I really love. :)

Because I spent most of the day otherwise occupied I decided that it would be a good time to make a 30 minute card. And when I checked the new challenge over at Some Odd Girl, saw that it was kraft or white with two other colors, I knew that would work within my limited crafting time. I already had Garden Mae printed out, just waiting to be colored so I dug around in my bag of summer themed stickers and found this sheet of old BoBunny stickers that had everything I needed... borders, alphas and images. Once I saw the cherries I knew I had a winner... instead of working out in the garden, Mae would be spending her time picking cherries out in the orchard. This also gave me my two color scheme of red and green to add to the kraft card base. Then it was about five minutes to create the card base and twenty five minutes to color and cut out Mae... and I couldn't resist adding a little cherry sticker to her hand, I think it's a cute touch. ;)

Well, I should scoot... wish me luck on the sofa hunt! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Kraft and PTI
BoBunny paper
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Garden Mae)
BoBunny stickers
White Signo Uniball pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- YG95, YG67, YG97
hair- E23, E27, E29
clothes- B95, B97, B99, E44, E47, E49, E30, E31, E35, YG03, YG17, YG67, YG95, YG97, R27, R46, YG0000, G20, G40

22 comments:

Robin said...

Garden Mae looks absolutely fabulous picking cherries!!
Robin

Larisa said...

Very joyful card Amy! The girl is so cute))) Great colouring!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the cherry/garden theme - this is a card that just makes you smile. Good luck with your furniture shopping.

Juls said...

just yummy!!!! too gorgeous for words!!! Hugs Juls

Beth aka BR-T said...

Good luck finding the perfect love seat! I love new furniture at least I think I do it's been almost 20 years since I have owned any! LOL!!!

You card is sweet as cherry pie!

Chelsea said...

So so so cute!!

gobeagirl said...

Good luck on your hunt. We just purchased a new couch in February and I am so glad we did. I love coming home and seeing it. Let alone when I get the chance to veg for a moment on it. lol... This card is just so sweet! I love her with her cherries. She looks like she had a wonderfull time picking them. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Love love love this! Super cute and it's always nice to do a fast card, but make it look like it took hours. Gorgeous!
Good luck with the sofa hunt. I know it's time consuming to find just the right one.
Have a great weekend Amy!
Hugs,

Lau W said...

So so cute, a card that make me smile, very nice !
Have a superb day !
xxx

~* steph :) *~ said...

love love love this card, amy!!! wowee, you colored up the images amazingly!!! love her! also love the layout, the cherries, the gingham. just perfect-o! thanks for sharing and good luck on your sofa hunt :)! happy aloha friday! *hugs* steph :)

Shirley N said...

Only you could make this a 30-min card, lol. I absolutely LOVE this Amy, fab design and soooo adorable! Have a wonderful weekend and good luck on finding your sofa!

Carlie M. said...

This is absolutely amazing! love the papers and the ribbon! The way you colored her is amazing! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! You Rock Miss Amy.....!!!

1LuvnMama said...

30 minutes? Geez girl! It takes me forever and a day to create just 1 card! hee, hee! Luv her hanky on her head Amy . . . awesome job and have a great weekend!

RiNNE said...

I just totally LOVE your coloring, Amy! From the textures of the jeans to her eyes. Amazing! Very cute cherries... great job on the challenge (i'm playing along too!). And hope you find a wonderful and comfortable couch!

Sonja said...

What a cutie and made in so happy colors ;)

Have a nice weekend,
Sonja
http://scrapadoe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Stunning card Amy, love it. Thanks for joining us this week on Some Odd Girl.
Caz
x

Unknown said...

Super cute! :)

Tasha said...

Super sweet card Amy, love the cherries and fab colour combo
love tasha xx

Sarah Rice said...

so darling!! i love the cherries!!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl!

Karla said...

Hello Amy I love your card

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! Love it!

Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl.