Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hello sweet thing...

Hey, hey, hey!

We've got a Review Preview of the CC Designs June release over on the ATS blog today and I chose to showcase the cute new Hawaiian Birgitta on my card. But instead of going to the islands with her I decided to just make Birgitta a sweet summertime girl, enjoying a picnic in the park. And it was as simple as putting a new flower in her hair! ;)
That and pairing her with some fun watermelon paper from Jillibean Soup also did the trick. It seems like I'm on a bit of a fruit kick with my last few cards, LOL! Anywho... while I was looking through my stamps for a sentiment, I stumbled across this crazy little ant stamp on one of the old Basic Grey limited edition series stamp sets. As soon as I saw it I knew that I had to add a few buggy picnic crashers to finish off the card. Hopefully Birgitta can keep them from making off with all her yummy watermelon! :)

You can check out more sweet CC Designs cards on the ATS blog today and all of the new June stamps are now available here!

Well, it's off to work I go... thanks for stopping by!


Supply list:
cardstock- Jillibean Soup kraft and Copic X-Press It
paper- Jillibean Soup (Watermelon Gazpacho), K&Co (yellow)
stamps- CC Designs (Hawaiian Birgitta), Basic Grey (ants), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Fiskars border punch
Creative Cafe rub on stitches
buttons
Prima flower
Kaiser Craft pearl
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- E31, E35, E59
clothes- B95, B97, B99, R46, E19, E18, Y11, Y13, Y32, Y35, E40, E41, 0

12 comments:

Larisa said...

Hello Amy! Very nice card again! You have so golden fingers for cardmaking! very nice papers!!

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Boy do I miss visiting your blog. I adore all your cards, and this one is so darn cute!

Tasha said...

Hi there Amy, this is so cute! Great mix of papers and super colour work love her denim shorts!
love tasha xx

Brenda said...

So cute!! Love the change in her with a simple flower. Perfect papers to use with her! Love the color scheme!

Juls said...

so many gorgeous details to this card!! LOVE the bright colours, and the fabby torn edges and the scallop detail ... oh and the stitching ... so much to look at and LOVE!!! Hugs Juls

kris said...

Another fabulous card!! these new CC Designs are so cute... adding to my wishlist.... hehe!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is too sweet! I love the watermelon paper. I have never seen any of the Jillibean Soup papers in person. I think this is adorable and I think your little friends are just perfect for Birgitta's picnic. As always I love your coloring and I love her little red shoes. I am just getting to my fave blogs as I go off at 5pm and the kids and Jerry were already in the pool waiting for me. Great day! Hope yours was a great one as well. Hugs, Lisa

1LuvnMama said...

Beautiful! You've got so much creativity inside you. How do you do it and where does it come from? :) Awesome!

donna mikasa said...

Love this simple design, and those rub on stitches are awesome!

RiNNE said...

Hee Hee Hee!! Those bugs are a nice touch!! The picnic scene is awfully cute & fun! But you had me at Hawaiian Brigitta!!! ;) ;) ;)

Leanne said...

hehehe, love this fun fruity card, and Hawaiian Birgitta is cute in her jean shorts and yellow top. Nice addittion with the ants. Such a fun card. :)

Chelsea said...

She is soooo sweet.