Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello Princess!

Good morning!
We're half way through the work week... are y'all hanging in there or are you already anxious for the weekend to arrive? Me, I'm ready to cut loose a bit, thankfully I've got a couple days off to enjoy! ;)

So last week we had a color challenge at ATS and I said those were one of my fave kinds of challenges, which is true, but this week we've got a challenge that I love even more... a photo inspiration challenge! Lesa has a fab home decor photo for us to play off of and interpret any way we like on our cards or projects. I tend to use the photo's color scheme as my jumping off point and pull papers that have a similar vibe, which is exactly what I did on my card for today. Luckily I still had this Vintage Whimsy paper on my desk from a previous card and all I needed to add to that was a shot of light green to get a look close to the inspiration's. Because the colors and patterns were so super girlie I went straight to the Sweet November Princesses and thought that Arabella would be the perfect fit. My second bit of inspiration came from the vase of mixed flowers in the photo... I decided to follow suit and add a variety of different flower styles and sizes to embellish Arabella's pretty spring-like home. And just like that I had a finished card!

Ok, so I know you want to play along right? Of course you do, because every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win just be sure that your project includes a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Ta ta for now! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girls' Paperie (Vintage Whimsy), DCWV (green)
stamps- Sweet November (Princess Arabella), Amy R (magical wishes sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Crafts pearls
Little Yellow Bicycle doily
CC designs roses
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
clothes- Y13, YR21, Y26, Y28, R000, R11, R81, YG01, YG03, R83, R85, BG000, 0

28 comments:

Juls said...

oh my word wow!!!! I love this card, so soft and romantic magical and beautiful!!! I LOVE it!!!!! Hugs Juls

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This card is Beautiful. totally Love it!!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawely

cowboydutrem said...

This is so delicate! lovely!

♥Rach♥ said...

You are such a master at the soft color schemes, this is another beautiful card, just love it Amy! The flowers are great and the doily is a wonderful touch :0)

Brenda said...

This is so beautiful. I love the papers and colors you used. Arabella is one of my all time fave SN stamps!!!
Bren

Nancy Thomas said...

Arabella never looked more beautiful surrounded by all those flowers. Gorgeous card Amy!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing :)

Tress said...

So soft and dainty!

Mette said...

Oh Amy this is just lovely. Perfect for any little aspiring princess. The image is so sweet and love all the little flowers. My little one is going "ahhhh" at the moment lol. She loves princesses.

Hugs, Mette

Unknown said...

Awww how pretty and soft this is. Love the gorgeous pretty flowers xxx

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful card, amy! just enchanting! love the soft colors and sweet embellishments. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

chrilvian said...

oo what a lovely colored dress

Shirley N said...

Ahhh, so pretty Amy! I love your soft colors and gorgeous flowers-- and Princess Arabella is beautiful!

Leanne said...

Lovely card Amy! The softness of the images and the beautiful flowers are wonderful. A dreamy card indeed. Hope ur having a gr8 week. I'm so ready for the weekend to get here. hehe. Hugs,

Danni said...

So very soft and delicate!!

Tasha said...

Oh my, Amy this is so delicate and beautiful. Such lovely soft colours and beautiful embellishing
love tasha xx

MagsB said...

I love this pretty card, the colours are lovely, and the scatter of flowers really makes it! Fab job!

luv, Mags x

Shaela said...

LOVE this card!! I think I'm going to play along for the first time ever... I have a Sweet November Princess who hasn't seen ink yet, *gasp*! ;)

Hlora said...

Love this card! Very beautiful Princess!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is just gorgous! I love your papers and your stamp together. She is just beautiful. I am waiting to get to Saturday. I feel like I haven't touched a stamp in forever. lol Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Love the soft colors, Amy! So pretty!

RiNNE said...

So romantic..the flowers are dreamy! Lovin' the soft, pastel-y colors!

1LuvnMama said...

You're gonna cut loose? What's up your sleeve? :) Luv the princess and the sentiment is perfect! I always admire your flowers, pearls and pinks!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Craftdee said...

Beautiful card: I love Arabella in those soft colours...and the doily background is a great touch, Dee

Lau W said...

Oh ! a magical card, love colors, so sweet !
xxx

kris said...

Gorgeous!!! the soft colors are fabulous and wow, i just love the elegance and royalty on this creation!!

Ida said...

What a sweet card. It's just beautiful and so delicate looking.