Friday, June 24, 2011

Aloha

TGIF my friends!
I'm enjoying a nice day off so you won't hear any complaints from me. :)

Yesterday I set myself a little personal challenge to get my yet-to-be inked up TGF stamps out and put to use. As I was flipping through my binders I was a bit shocked that there were like 5 or 6 that I hadn't even used yet! And with a new release coming up next week I didn't want to fall even more behind because even though I may be a 'collector' I want to play with them too. ;)

I skipped (with my high speed I can skip, hop and jump now... LOL) on over to the Farm Fresh challenge blog for some inspiration and found a sketch by Rachel that was right up my alley. At first I was having a hard time choosing a stamp but when I spotted the Sunshine Broadcast paper pad on my desk it was a no-brainer that Cheeky Beach was the perfect fit for this card. Talk about a match made in heaven... the papers have a cool desaturated color palette that kinda reminds me of an old post card from Hawaii and that is totally the world I saw this little wahine living in. So I colored her up in similar tones and followed the sketch pretty faithfully from there. Sure I made one of the horizontal strips much thinner than the other and added a few flowers here and there but following that layout made this one nice and quick!
One down... only five or so more to go... LOL!

Stay cool!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Sassafras (Sunshine Broadcast)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Beach), Studio Calico (storytime alphas)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Making Memories flowers
button
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9, B29
everything else- Y11, Y13, Y21, BG70, BG72, BG75, R12, R14, R17, YR30, YR20, 0

21 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Oooooooooooooo I love this summer card!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Such a pretty summer-y card! Your Cheeky is beautiful! I love how you colored her hair!
Enjoy your day :)
hugs, margie

RiNNE said...

AAAAAH!! EEeEeEeEeeeeeekkkk!! I love her!!! Her hair is perfectly colored!!!

Shazza said...

just love it x

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh I love the vintage Hawaiin look, this is so much fun! She looks just stunning too and I love how you used the layout ;0)

Dotty Jo said...

Great card - love her super glossy hair! Jo x

Rhonda Miller said...

Love it!!

Shirley N said...

Wow, love her tan Amy! Gorgeous card!

kris said...

hahaha! one more thing in common... COLLECTING! hehe! i have a few that haven't seen ink yet... atleast by me, girls have dug into my TGF binder already... i should set a goal too! Beautiful card Amy!! Cheeky Beach is fabulous!!

donna mikasa said...

Love this! Very vintage, and I LOVE her tan! So glad you inked her up! Have a wonderful weekend!

Alice said...

i think i have 5 or 6 TFG stamps that i haven't inked up yet, too. LOL! i should really be working on them, too.... =) LOVE your coloring on Cheeky Beach! love this delightful card, Amy! have a beautiful weekend! =)

Tasha said...

LOVE this! So fun Amy. I love the Sassfras papers, cute layout too
love tasha xx

Heidi Brawley said...

omg she is totally adorable. love your card! have a great weekend! it's my bday weekend!leaving tomorrow for an over nighter!!! yeah! be back on sunday some time!
hugs, heidi brawley

1LuvnMama said...

Well, ALOHA to you Amy! Thanks for the sunshiny card! Today is a better day, a bit of an overcast but no rain! Woohoo! Your Cheeky has brought me the sunshine! Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your 4th of July experience with me!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just beautiful! I love the vintage Hawaiin look. These papers are awesome. I think I need to get me some. :O) Great card, can not wait to see the 5 more. lol...Hope you had a great day off. One more day for me. Yay! Hugs, Lisa

Mette said...

Fabulous card Amy. Your colouring is just perfect and I love the way you always find the right "look" for a card. Perfect papers and details.

Hugs, Mette

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Don't cha just Adore Cheeky Beach?? I LOVE her!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a fabulous card, amy! i've had that stamp on my wish list for a long time, hehe. love your mix of colors, just perfect! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Shaela said...

beautiful card, I love it all!! Especially the big greeting :)

Leanne said...

O Amy, I love this one too!! I love them all, and this one is just as fabulous. Gorgeous job with the papers and Cheeky Beach just looks sun-tanned and fabulous. Terrific card! Hugs,

Juls said...

such a fun card!!! Hugs Juls