Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's your sign?

EDITED TO ADD...

Thanks SO much for such a fantastic response to this call... the 12 spots filled up way faster than I thought they would so this is now CLOSED. I am in the process of contacting everyone who emailed me right now. Thanks again! :)

Before I get to today's challenge card I want to take a minute and put a little call out there...

  • Do you have fun with astrology... ya know, star signs, the zodiac...?
  • Do you have a blog that you post your cards and creations to?
  • Would you like to participate in an upcoming Sweet November release preview the first week of March?
If you answered yes to all three of those questions then all you have to do for a chance at joining the fun and getting a free stamp is to email me at: pete_danger@hotmail.com

Please include a link to your blog and your top three choices of star signs that you would like to work with... here's a list just in case: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.
This is going to be on a first come, first serve basis for all qualifying emails so if the stars are speaking to you then send me an email quick! ;)
I'll let ya know when all 12 of the spots have been filled here on the ol' bloggity blog.

Ok, time for a Wednesday challenge card! This week at ATS we want to see you make a card "for the guys". I went with cute little Peter from the CC Designs Fairytales range (he isn't actually sold at ATS but can be found exclusively at other stores that carry CC Designs stamps). I think I may have used him the last time we had a similar challenge but he is just so cute, I couldn't help myself! Plus I had this new October Afternoon Campfire paper that was begging to set the scene for a little guy... don't you think it looks like a map of the 100 Acre Wood from Winnie the Pooh? I included the wagon from the Take a Seat set so that Peter would be all ready for a grand adventure. :)

We would love to have you play along with us just remember that in order to be eligible to win the prize your card must use a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!



Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
paper- October Afternoon (Campfire)
stamps- CC Designs (Fairytales Peter and wagon), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
staples
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR15, YR14, YR18, E19, E18
clothes/wagon- B93, B95, B97, E40, E41, 0, BG10, BG11, BG23, YG03, YG25, YG67, R27, R29, E19, C5, C7, C9, B0000, B000, B00

18 comments:

Marley said...

Just sended you a email! How much fun! Awesome card.. love how you colored the image and the design papers is so great.. hugs Marley

♥Rach♥ said...

Posted this on FB too, so hopefully you get lots of entrants! :0)
Love this card, he's just so adorable and his hair is awesome!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, he is soooo cute! I love this card and I think you colored him perfectly. Great papers as well. He is going to have a great adventure for sure. I just love all the colors in this one. Have a wonderful Wednesday. Hugs, Lisa

Juls said...

this is too cute! Hugs Juls

Tanya said...

My email was sent earlier. This us going to be so much fun! Awesome card too :)

Renkata said...

ohhh such a cutie.
Have a great day Amy.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

He's super cute! and I love that Jillibean!

Happy Wednesday :)
hugs, margie

cowboydutrem said...

Just sent you an email, hope I was quick enough!!!
Love the papers you used on that card.

~* steph :) *~ said...

adorable, amy! loooove peter, he's such a cutie pie!!! i must get him! love your card too. super cute wagon, i think i have that one :)! the map does look like winnie the pooh's hood :). thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Sudha said...

Lovely work Amy.

Nancy Thomas said...

He's a adorable - love his flaming red hair and that wagon is a great addition.

Leanne said...

O he is just cute. I love his running shoes. great scene and i love the wagon you added...I don't think I make enough boy cards, thanks for the inspiration!
Cute card!!

Mimi said...

what a cute card!! love the background paper, just perfect! ;)

Shirley N said...

He sure looks like he'a off to a great day--love him and your DP Amy! Have a great day yourself!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy this is fantastic and I love the staples!

donna mikasa said...

Such a cutie with his little wagon! Love the map BG--so clever! Looking forward to seeing some astrological fun!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so cute, Amy! The map pp is so perfect, love it!

Alice said...

soooooo adorable! that pp is perfect! this makes me smile! LOVE!