Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tag, you're it!

Good morning folks!

Would you believe it if I told you we got more snow yesterday? And supposedly we are due to get more during the drop back down to single digits the rest of this weekend. What happened to spring being right around the corner? Seriously, with only four more days to go til the end of this month the last thing I wanted to see was more snow.
I know... whine, whine, whine and life could most definitely be worse but indulge me. I am SO over winter. ;)

Ok, on to my card for the day and it is for this week's Tickled Pink challenge to use tags. Doesn't matter if you make a tag, use a tag on a card or project, use an image that includes a tag (like Cherrie with tag)... it's totally up to you! I went with including a tag on my card, which was super easy to do because I just took one of the die-cuts from the Good Day Sunshine line and turned it into a quick tag that was already quite decorated. All I had to add was an eyelet and some ribbon to complete the transformation. Then of course I added all the fun stuff, including the ever beautiful Li'l Lylah in her snazzy coat and hat. She is a fave of mine and I just had to pair her with these papers because she totally looks like she is ready for a stroll about town, don'tcha think? :)

If you would like a shot at winning three Tickled Pink digis of your choice then all you have to do is pull out any of the TP range of stamps (these include Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pink Pets and Cherries)and make a tag this week! Then just link up your creation on the TP challenge blog and you're set! :)

Oh and did you see this... When you spend $50 or more at Tickled Pink Stamps you get free shipping! Even better yet, this applies WORLDWIDE... making it easier for all you rubber lovers to get inky with it!

Now who doesn't love free shipping?!

Later gators!



Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
paper/die cuts- My Mind's Eye (Good Day Sunshine)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita 30s Lylah), American Crafts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
ribbon
stick pin made by Kris
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59, E49
eyes- BG72, BG75, BG78
clothes- G000, G00, G12, BG0000, Y0000, Y000, Y00, YG0000, YG00, R14, R17, E08, E40, E41, 0, Y11, Y26, Y28

14 comments:

Mette said...

As always a joy to visit you and seeing you wonderful creations. No snow here today - SUN IS SHINING lol. Can't remember when I last saw it.
Love the tag and super image which you always colour to perfection.

Hugs, Mette

cowboydutrem said...

Lovely! Love that huge hat!

Emma and Susan said...

This is GORGEOUS Amy....I love Lylah too.....she is FAB!!! Your colouring is stunning as always....
Big hugs
Em
xxx

~* steph :) *~ said...

awe, more snow? hope the weather warms up soon.
oo amy, love it! loove the tag you used. it makes such an adorable scene. love the stickpin, it's so pretty! wonderfully colored up image. love her coat! i want one like that, hee hee.
thanks for sharing and i wish you a lovely day!
*hugs* steph :)

Leanne said...

Another winner Amy! I love Lyla too and I need to use her more often. Great papers and the tag is subtle but works so well. Thanks for the inspiration today and I hope the snow goes away soon for ya! Hugs

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Wonderful card!! I would not think of putting a tag ON a card-thank you for another awesome inspiration Amy!

Juls said...

just way too gorgeous for words!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Joy said...

tag-a-rific card! lol! you do such wonderful backgrounds for each card and love the coloring of the image as well. I don't know how you do it each day, but I love to see your creations! have a great day!

Unknown said...

Awww Beautiful Tag Amy!! I love the pinks and yellows and blues in your papers, so gorgeous!!
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Stamping Cafe said...

Another gorgeous one, Amy! Love the beautiful tag, you are amazing!!

yyam said...

Just so pretty Amy! Love the sweet colors! :)

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, this is so cute! I love this paper with her. Really really adorable. We had a snow storm yesterday for about an hour. It was so windy that the snow was blowing sideways. I was worried about the kids waiting for the bus to go home that my Dad picked them up. By then it was sunny and you would never know that it had snowed. :O) However we are in the single digits now. OMWord. BTW, I received your stamp in the mail today and I LOVE how big she is. I had printed her soooo much smaller and I am really excited to play with her in this size. Thanks again, Lisa

Sudha said...

Pretty creation dear. Love the sentiment with this lovely image.

donna mikasa said...

Such a cute card! Love how you incorporated the tag--you always find the cutest, most perfect papers, too!