Saturday, February 26, 2011

So sweet scallops

Hello my stamping friends... are you ready for the weekend?
If I didn't have work to go to I would be holing up indoors because it is FUH-REEZING here! As it is though, I will be bundling up and braving this arctic blast once again. Hopefully things are a bit warmer in your little corner of the world! :)

So today is my last challenge as a February Krafty Guest for Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and I had a total blast playing along each week. Boy did the month go by quickly or what!? Before I get to my card I just want to thank the wonderful miss Kimmie once again for inviting me to join the fun and giving me the opportunity to visit the fabulous fifties with this month's swell stamp release! ;)

The new challenge is all about using scallops in your card design... easy peasy! This adorable Judy was a natural choice because I think she has a sweetness about her with that coy pose, not to mention that delish milk shake she's sipping... I want some... LOL! And for some reason I seem to always associate scallops with a cutesy/sweet vibe too. Once again I used more papers from the fantastic OA Modern Homemaker line because they have a great retro look that coordinates perfectly with these new stamps. Why fight it when it is so right?! And because it is such a perfect fit I really didn't have to add a whole lot else to finish off the card, just a few pearls and the little Studio G ice cream dollar stamp and I was good to go. :)

Now it is your turn to pull out a scallop punch, die cut or border and join us for a chance at winning a cool Kraftin' Kimmie stamp! Be sure to use any of the KK range of stamps on your card and link up your creation over on the KK blog when you get it done. And most importantly... have fun with it!

Ok, time for me to make like a banana and split... mmmmmm banana splits... seriously I need to go eat some breakfast or something, LOL! Later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Modern Homemaker)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Judy), Studio G (sentiment and ice cream)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Fiskars border punch
Marvy mega giga scallop circle punch
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E15, E17, E19, E18
clothes- Y32, Y35, Y38, YR01, YR02, R01, R02, R11, R20, R21, BG000, BG10, E40, 0, YG03, YG25

17 comments:

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Amy! I love the soft colour palette!

Hlora said...

It is really sweet)) LOve the paper a lot) Great image's colouring!!!!

scrapn_momof2 said...

This is so sweet Amy!! Great choice of papers and as always your coloring is amazing!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

fabulous card, amy! love the image. a sweet vintage card. love the papers and colors. thanks for sharing and have a lovely day! *hugs* steph :)

Sudha said...

Really so sweet.

Maria Therese said...

very very sweet card!!

Mimi said...

Cute card! the color combo is so refreshing, perfect for getting in the dessert mode! ;)

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful! But I can't imagine you tearing up those recipes! Did you try them before tearing?

donna mikasa said...

So sweet, indeed! Love the mix of patterned papers and all that scallopy goodness! Keep warm, Amy!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a yummy sweet card, Amy! Love the colors and coloring as always, also amaze that you always have just the right papers for your cards!! Stay warm, hugs!!

Leanne said...

Oh my, that shake looks yummy! I absolutely LOVE her hair. Gorgeous coloring. Fun dp, just another wonderfully fun card Amy! We got some "snow" for bit today, actually a lot of hail here in "Sunny" Cali. Hope you're keepin' warm. Hugs

Renkata said...

Hi Amy,
love the 60's look of your card. Very cool.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Another sweet and cheery design! Let me take this opportunity to thank YOU, Amy, for being our Krafty Guest this month! You did such a wonderful job and you are welcome back ANY time!!! Hugs!!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this turned out so cute. I haven't gotten any of these yet, but I just love them. Your card so makes me wish it was 1950 and we were at the soda shop getting a malt. Yum! Hugs, Lisa

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute! Those papers are perfect for the 50's gals! Love it!

Robin said...

Totally dig this card!!! Robin

Alice said...

love love the sweet colors you used to color her! beautiful card!