Friday, February 11, 2011

More Kraftin Kimmie peeks!

Hiya sweeties!

Today we at Kraftin Kimmie stamps are traveling back in time to the fab 50's for our previews. Annie's new girls are neat-o, seriously... who doesn't love a bouffant hair-do, high heels and some horn-rimmed glasses! ;)

My preview card features Patsy and I think she is just the bee's knees! She's all decked out in her best dress and ready to go down to the soda shop on a Friday night. Patsy loves the new rock 'n roll music so I wouldn't be surprised to see her sneak off to the sock hop with some of her friends afterwards... LOL!

When I saw the 50's theme I knew right away that I wanted to use the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker papers and goodies to really set the perfect scene for miss Patsy and they didn't disappoint. But when it came time to the final embellishing I wanted to add some little music notes coming out of the radio... I searched and searched but no where in my stash were there any music notes! What to do, what to do? Finally I looked in my pearl drawer and an idea struck... I could use some black pearls and then finish off the look I wanted by drawing in some lines with a black pen. Yeah, problem solved! :)

Ok, so to see the rest of today's sneak peeks head on over to the Kraftin Kimmie blog for a complete list of all the Krafty Gals' blogs... total eye candy! And all of the new stamps will be available on Sunday the 13th!

Time for me to make like a banana and split... LOL! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper/chipboard/sticker- October Afternoon (Modern Homemaker)
stamp- Kraftin Kimmie (Patsy)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura clear glaze and stardust pens
EK Success silver pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9, 100
clothes- R000, R00, R01, R02, BG10, BG11, BG32, R05, R08, E07, E18, C00, C1, C3, C5, C7

24 comments:

mrsk06 said...

Amy this is just gorgeous!! I love everything about and what a great idea to use gems and a fineliner to make some notes! x

Nana Diana said...

Amy, I love this, it's fantastic with the adverts and the sentiment!! What a brilliant idea to use the black pearls and make the music notes. Great card!!

Shaela said...

PHENOMENAL... love EVERYTHING about your card!! perfect paper, perfect patterns, perfect colors... it's fantastic!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, she is the the Bee's Knees! I just love her color pallet...heehee she is really going to make heads turn we she gets to the soda fountain. I must say. :O) Seriously, I would be so happy to climb into your card. I would have made the perfect little house wife/home maker. Of course I would have to have my Copics and stamps with me so that once I got the kiddies off to school kissed my hubby bye and cleaned the house I could be creative. Hope you have a wonderful Friday. Hugs, Lisa

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Aaaah! I love it!! And your description with all the 50's references is just a hoot!!! Patsy looks fabulous and I LOVE those papers and embellies and what a SMART idea for the musical notes!!! LOVE IT!!

Juls said...

ooooooooooooh wowzer!!!! this is amazing!!! Love how you have created little musical notes out of the pearls!!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Hi, finally I'm finding some time to do some blog hopping!!! And this is sooo sweet, what a cute stamp and amazing colours. Love it xxx

Melanie said...

Hi Amy! I LOVE what you've done with Patsy!! She looks incredible paired up with these retro papers..and those music notes are fantastic!!!

Larisa said...

It looks vintage and very nice card))) LOve the colouring) And the papers are great!!

Renkata said...

Amazing card Amy, gorgeous layout.

~* steph :) *~ said...

you are just SOO creative, miss amy! what an amazing card you've created. love how you used the OA papers...that radio...how perfect! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Nancy Thomas said...

What a fun retro look! Love your stories behind the stamps!

Jacilynn said...

These colors are fabulous! super cute

Carisa said...

LOVE this! I'm seriously diggin this new '50s line of kk's!

Mimi said...

ooh what fun paper and perfect colors! the music notes are so ingenious! have a great weekend! ;)

Leanne said...

Cute! Love the retro look!!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

I am so loving the retro feel that has been out lately! Your card is FABULOUS, Amy! I love the colors and the way you popped the sentiment, etc. Great job.

Kimmarie Baker said...

Neato! I love your card! She is so adorable! I love the papers and embellishments. Great way to make the music notes!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh it's like a scene outta Happy Days! Luv the fun colors and that sentiment.

donna mikasa said...

Retro cuteness! Perfect patterned papers and I love your musical notes--such a cooool card!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is fabulous, Amy!! Love this adorable image, and you always have the perfect paper for everything... love the music notes too!!

Tracey said...

I love this!!! Gorgeous!

Tasha said...

OMG this is the most awesome card ever, i love it so much. loving the OA bits and the fab speech bubble, so cool
love tasha xx

Alice said...

congrats on making the KK team! you ROCK, girl! fabulous coloring on Patsy. and the design is super fun. love love this!