Friday, February 25, 2011

Magical Monday on a Friday

Hello friends!

Well, the weather outside is still frightful (ie. covered in snow... blech) but inside it has been quite delightful with all sorts of fun things rockin' my world. Yesterday the 12 BRAND NEW Copic sketch colors arrived in stock at Oozak and I jumped all over that! They weren't due to arrive until March so I was shocked when I got an email notification so early. I've been totally geeking out over some of these new additions because it looks like they will help me better color match to some of my fave papers that have been quite tricky, especially the new blue greens! I've already gotten a shipping notice (LOVE how quick they are) so hopefully I'll have them in my hot little hands by Monday at the latest! It's ok, I admit it... I'm a complete marker nerd! ;)

Then if that wasn't enough excitement, I noticed that ATS is now carrying the Ketto stamps and some of the super cute pixies by Christy Croll from Stamping Bella! I've never seen these available anywhere but at SB before and I jumped on the chance to fill out some of my collection. So if you are here in the States and have wanted some of these cute stamps but the shipping from Canada was holding you up now you've got a whole new place to get your Ketto fix!

And in honor of this news I decided to use lovely little Madeline Ketto on my card today. I also made this for the Magical Monday challenge to use lace on a card. I thought this antiqued looking crochet lace was a nice match to the ever fabulous Stella and Rose papers that I still can't get enough of. I was even inspired by my bloggin' buddy, Lisa, to take some of the crochet lace and create a little flower out of it too... what a cool look!

Alrighty, one last bit of news before I head off to work... for this weekend only, Tickled Pink Stamps is giving away FREE Christmas Frankie digis to celebrate the kicking off of their monthly Christmas challenge! So if you don't have this cutie yet, get him quick because the giveaway ends this weekend! :)

TTYL!
Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (Stella and Rose)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Ketto Madeline), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown and Tim Holtz tumbled glass
Kaiser Craft pearls
crochet lace
button
Copic markers:
skin- E21, E11, E15, E37, R20
hair- BG11, BG18, BG78
clothes- Y11, Y26, YR23, W5, W7, W9, G0000, G000, G00

21 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oooooo, I have such a soft spot for Kettos! This is gorgeous Amy, just adorable, Jo x

Juls said...

ooh wow this is gorgeous!!! Loving your image! and the rounded corners and your pearl detail! fantabulous card! Hugs Juls

martina's kaartjes said...

wow, this is sooooo pretty, love the colorcombo ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so cute! I love the colors that you have used. I got the Oozak.com email as well and I have been kicking myself as I was worried I wouldn't get the new Copics so I ordered them on Wednesday from 7 kids colledge fund and I don't know how fast they ship. :O( That's what I get for being the most impatient person. lol...Hope your day is good at work. This is finally my three day weekend! Yayyyyyyyyy!!! Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

Color me jealous over your new Copics! Love this sweet little curly hair Ketto and fabulous papers too.

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful card, amy! love the lace trim and the lace trim bloom. that button is gorgeous! love the cloud paper and the adorable image. too cute! thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Mette said...

Looks like you are jumping up and down despite the snow lol. Sometimes wish I was in the states as a lot of stamps are difficult to find here on the UK - maybe that's why I like digitals so much.
Gorgeous card as always Amy - you're papers are always stunning and so is the colouring. Thank you for always making it a joy to visit you.
Hugs, Mette

Jessica Diedrich said...

I adore her! Why don't I have this Ketto-ugh, and I jUST placed a Bella order too, LOL! She's so awesome!

Jacilynn said...

love this ketto! fabulous papers! cuteness

Leanne said...

Yay! Thanks for the info Amy! Love this card and those papers... wow!! I love the flower addition too. Have fun with your new markers. Lucky lady!! hahaha. Heading over to ATS to place an order. Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!!

Joy said...

so cute! love the yellow and blues. The kettos are back as I see that everyone is starting to use them! sweet! have a fabulous weekend!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh what a luv-ly Ketto card and that lace doily . . . ummmm, wonderful! Have a great weekend Amy!

Sudha said...

Wow, pretty work Amy. Love the sentiment too.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so adorable--love those Kettos! The crocheted flower is the perfect touch, too!

I couldn't believe how fast those new colors moved at Oozak! I got only 3 of the new colors, but I'm happy...
Have a great weekend!

Renkata said...

Very sweet and cute card.

Mimi said...

soo sweet Amy! Ketto at ATS? guess i'll be shopping there soon! lol! Adorable card...love the colors! ;)

SannaS said...

i loooooove this card!! so happy and bright!! Brilliant!! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my word... beautiful card, Amy! Love the MME dp and your awesome coloring, that crochet lace is so perfect! I guess I need to hop over to ATS for those cute Ketto now!! :) Hugs!

Zarah said...

What an utterly adorable card! (Love the Kettos, and you're such an enabler!! :D)

Marion said...

Such a lovely card and sweet image. Thanks for playing along at Magical Mondays.

Unknown said...

This is so cool! Love the flower!