Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A different take on Valentine's...

Hey there!

So did you love Glee last night? I adored it... it was one of those episodes that had me so hooked I was surprised when it ended and I felt like it should still have at least another half hour to go. The Warblers were in top form and Kurt and Blaine are way too cute but Santana kinda stole the show for me. Love to see some of the other kids stepping up into the spotlight and into more story lines. :)

Ok, Glee break over... LOL... it's a new Wednesday and a new challenge over at All That Scraps and with Valentine's day almost upon us of course we had to do a Valentine challenge. But hold on just a second... there is a twist! Yep, there is a restriction and it is that you CAN'T USE any RED or PINK on your Valentine!

My-oh-my what is a girl to do? Well, for me that meant going straight to my "go-to" color of choice... orange! Luckily for me I had this great orange paper with hearts buried in my stash. ;)
Then I made sure to reinforce the heart theme with the border punch and sticker. I also pulled out this classic Sweet November Fairy Sweet, Chanter Heartsong, and was happy to show her some inky love for this card... I can never resist giving her orange hair, LOL!

Now it's your turn to make a non-traditional Valentine and be sure to use a stamp sold in the All That Scraps store if you would like a shot at the prize. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link your creation with Mr Linky by 10 pm est next Tuesday, and only one entry per person please.

Toodles! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories (Pieces of me)
stamp- Sweet November (Chanter Heartsong)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Martha Stewart border punch
The Twinery twine
American Crafts thickers
Kaiser Craft epoxy dots
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y38, YR04, YR18
eyes- E35, E37, E59
clothes- V05, V12, V15, V17, G0000, G000

18 comments:

Larisa said...

Wonderful creative job! The orange colour is perfrct!!! Love the girl too) She is pretty as always!!!))))

Melissa S said...

Too cute! I love orange but have a hard time using it because I'm colored challenged!

Juls said...

so gorgeous!!! Love the rounded corners and the fabulous orange colours! Hugs Juls

Robin said...

she is just so gorgeous in orange and purple!! Robin

Dina said...

ver pretty! Dina

Lau W said...

Oh it's great ! the orange is superb, good idea ! Love this card !
xxx

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your card, amy! great color combo :). i hope to play along with you gals this week! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

donna mikasa said...

Great choice of non traditional colors that really work! Love seeing Chanter again! Hoping I can play along....

Pam Varnell said...

Love these colors together. CUTE card Amy.

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my... I love the purple and orange, so stunning!! I've got to get that heart border punch... so cute! Your coloring is always so perfect and amazing, Amy!!

MagsB said...

Woot! Orange and purple are fab colours together, and this is such a bright, cheerful card! Love it!

luv, Mags x

Nancy Thomas said...

What a fun color combo. I just stamped that same Sprite yesterday (yet to be colored).

Nancy Thomas said...

What a fun color combo. I just stamped that same Sprite yesterday (yet to be colored).

Shirley N said...

I love your color combo, sentiment and twine and Chanter is as beautiful as ever! LOVE your non-traditional Valentine card Amy!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous! I love this. The colors are fabulous.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Sorry it took me all day to get to your card. I think this is just adorable and I love the non-traditional colors for this. I also love how you have colored Chanter's hair. So pretty. Hope you had a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Whoop! You nailed this one on the head!! Love the color scheme and it's totally Valentine's day! I love Chanter. Great card!! :)

Hlora said...

Great red hair! Love it looks as well on the same paper! Fantastic job))))