Saturday, August 7, 2010

Orange you glad it's a Flutter By challenge

LOL!

Hey there, I've got a quick one to share before I head off to work this morning.
The challenge over at Flutter By this week is to use your favorite color on a card. Surprise, surprise I just had to go all out with the orange yumminess, LOL! Did you know that orange is the only color in the spectrum that can't be cooled down by another color? It's true... even though reds are considered "warm" they can also be mixed to have "cool" blue undertones and "warm" yellows can be "cooled" by green undertones... but not orange! I think that is part of what makes it my fave color, orange is always warm and happy. :)

For my main image I used Gertie Lulu from Stamping Bella and you've heard me lament about the lack of coloring space on these images before so I won't get into it, but I still think she's a beauty. And because there is so much black ink showing in the image, when I started coloring her in with the orange tones, monarch butterflies came to mind and I knew that I had just the paper to make the rest of the card come together.
Simple, quick and sweet... that always makes me happy!

Well have a good one my friends and if you haven't checked out my 1000 sheets blog candy yet be sure to scroll down to yesterday's post. :) Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (Ambrosia)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Gertie Lulu), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento Tuxedo Black and Colorbox black pigment ink
CC Designs mini roses
Martha Stewart butterfly border punch
Zva tiny pearls
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, BG0000
hair- N5, N7, N9
dress- Y35, Y38, YR04, YR07, YR09
background- W00, W1, W3

37 comments:

Marley said...

Oh I love your card!! I love orange too! Really pretty image with ofcourse nice coloring.. Beautiful design papers and the borderpunch is awesome xx Marley

Me said...

What a sweety,i love orange to its such a happy colour.
The paper you used is great.
You colored the image perfectly.
love the butterfly punch.

Hugzz Marjon

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous Amy, i know exactly what you mean about the butterfly colouring
xx

♥Rach♥ said...

STUNNING! I love how you've colored her and the butterfly paper and punch are just fabulous, what a great card Amy :0)

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Beautifull orange card! I really love al those butterflys

gobeagirl said...

Amy, as always a super adorable card. I love the butterfly paper and the board to go with it... Great! Have a great day, I am off to work as well. Hugs, Lisa

Ms. Jen said...

Just beautiful job here! I think I might change my favorite color after seeing this masterpiece!

Kimberly S said...

Gorgeous Gertie card! Has me thinking of the fall with all of those beautiful colors. :)

scrapn_momof2 said...

I usually do not like orange, but this card is too adorable not to like orange. She is gorgeous and I love all the butterfly details.

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! I do love this image! and I love the hot colours, and all the butterflies! stunning!!! Hugs Juls

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I love the butterfly border punch. TFS.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Orange! I so love it! She's a beauty! and your coloring is stunning! I am rather partial to these papers too :)
hugs, margie

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy! This is really beautiful! Orange is a fantastic color. Beautiful job on her dress!!! I want it!! hahaha.. I love the flowers an that butterflyl paper is perfect for your card. Thanks for inspiring and sharing. HAGD!!

Lau W said...

What a happy card ! love the color, the stamp is cute !
xxx

Lorraine said...

this is so pretty i just love your use of orange and bright cheery colours your projects always look great xx

sundownerin said...

great card!! wonderfull colours and i like the butterfly border!!!
well done!

Leah l'Orange said...

a girl after my own heart. i kinda like orange, too, maybe a little bit. :)

love the card, and Ambrosia was the PERFECT choice! warm and happy and LOVELY!

Margreet said...

great card with warm colours.love it
xxx Margreet

stephanne said...

This is gorangeous!! Your colouling is spectacular and everything coordinates so well!!
hugs, stephanne

Tonje said...

WOW! That is an absolutely stunning card. Loooove the color and the DP is perfect! Oh, and that image is sooo cute.

Shelby Goolsby said...

I love the orange and what a pretty card!! I came so close to buying that punch today darn it.

ChickieChirps said...

Very sweet! I'm loving those oranges!

Arabella

Unknown said...

What pretty pretty card, Amy! Love the orange!

Unknown said...

beautiful job, pretty pretty card¡¡¡¡

kiss

donna mikasa said...

Orange is definitely your color! Such a warm, summery card and that image is too cute!

Alice said...

this is gorgeous, Amy!! love all the oranges!! so pretty!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a pretty card, amy! i love the butterfly edging, DP, and punches. beautiful coloring. love it. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Stamping Cafe said...

This is stunning, Amy! You have such a gift to put all the elements perfectly together, LOVE it!!

Crafty Jenn said...

Yay for orange! I love it too. And I looove those CC roses! Totally buying some with my next SNS order!

<3 Jenn

liza said...

gorg card amy love the colour combo
love n hugs
liza
xox

Danni said...

This is just oh so pretty!! I love it!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge! I got excited when I saw your link--you always have such wonderful creations!

WickedPixie said...

Totally gorgeous! I didn't know that about orange! How cool (or not!) :-)Traci

RiNNE said...

I agree! Orange is such a happy color-- it's unique, vibrant, goes well with so many colors like blue, pink, green!! Lovely card! The butterflies are divine! I must get that punch!

Barb said...

This is just delightful! LOVE the colors, and that Bella image is so adorable!

Just A Pac Rat said...

Beautiful card! Love the orange too!

La mami de Kaylee said...

esta hermoso
GRACIAS por compartir