Here we are heading into a brand new weekend which is always a good thing if you ask me. :)
Now I know it seems a bit weird to be doing March spotlights so early in February but like I mentioned yesterday with the SNS release date bumped up to the middle of the month there's no time like the present to get acquainted with our Guest Gal, Rachel Schneider!
Rachel's work first caught my eye in the TGF gallery where her clever design twists and creative use of embellishments had me oohing and ahhing. She's also not afraid of using bright, fun colors on her cards, which of course makes me a fan. ;)
When you look at any of Rachel's creations you can just see the fun she is having and the enjoyment she gets out of the entire creative process. From her gorgeous coloring to the over-all design of her cards, it's all imbued with a definite sense of playfulness that suits the Sweet November Stamps to a T!
Now let's see how Rach answered the SNS quiz...
1. What color do you feel represents your personality and why?
Red! I'm not really sure why, I just have always felt most at home when wearing red.
2. Is your style of dress/home decor similar to your style of card making?
A little. I like lots of colors and almost every room in my house is a different color, though not quite the bright ones I use on cards.
3. What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Cake wrecks (http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/). Whenever I need a quick laugh or smile I get on their site and start reading it. The photos are hilarious and the little commentary after each one never fails to have me cracking up in no time.
4. If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I couldn't pick one so I narrowed it to these two:
1) When Elvis was at his prime. I would LOVE to have seen him live!
2) Regency era. Love my trashy romance novels and it would be neat to visit this era since I read it so much. Just to visit though, not to stay. I'm fond of running water and sweat pants.
5. If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?
Definitely a fairy! I'd love to be able to fly and let's face it, you don't usually see ugly fairies. ;o)
6. If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
I don't watch the show but my friend Melissa did get me into the soundtracks and I downloaded "Alone" and I LOVE IT!
Ok, so let's see how Rachel's gorgeous Ginger card inspired me today... her cool layout was my jumping off point, though I decided to turn the design on it's head to switch things up just a bit. I also really liked her use of the ribbon and how she added the flower to the center of the bow. And you just know I'm always a sucker for a good sprinkling of bling. ;)
I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a bit more about Rachel today! Be sure to check out her fun blog and then stop back by here tomorrow when I will be shining the spotlight on our other March Guest Gal, Lisa Gobea!
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Making Memories (pink), BoBunny (floral)
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Fruit of the Month Grape Fairy)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Prima Got Flowers
Maya Road stick pin
Kaiser Craft gems
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E53, E31
clothes- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG13, YG23, YG17, YG21, YG25, R11, R12, R20
wings- G0000, G000, G00